Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was joining the freeway the other day from an on-ramp, and this sports truck was deliberately trying to show off his power truck. So I let him rush off from the stop sign at the on-ramp (don'[t ask me why we have stop signs at on-ramps here :roll: ) to join the freeway, 2 secs later, with sentronic in manual mode, began to accelerate from 1st to 3000 rpm, switch to 2nd and kept it to 3500rpm, switch to 3rd and kept it to 4000 rpm, and finally switch to 4th and keep it to 4800 rpm. I was running at 180 km/hr when I caught up to him (in about 13 secs). The truck driver was too surprised to see this merlot red SAAB coming in at 180km/h, passing him and still accelerating. I was really surprised with how this engine was pulling even at 180 km/h. There was minimal vibration coming from the engine, sound was awesome, the turbo was whooshing (remember I have the high flow filter), and the exhaust note from the MAGNAFLOW was intoxicating during each change of the gears during acceleration. After I passed him, I saw in a distance of about 5 cars, a white caprice with a long antenna in the middle of the trunk, oops... an unmarked car... quickly downshifted, gass off the pedal, engine rumbles awesomely in deceleration and moved in behind the 5 cars. Kinda glad the cop didn't really check his rearview mirror then. 8)

I have to say the 9-3 chassis was rock steady during the whole time up to 180 km/h. I could feel that it could go further with no complaints from the engine or suspension.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
yeah... Saabs are made for speed... i have taken my 2000 9-3 up to 141 passing a porche boxter in a race. It was a pretty hot race but i toasted his ass. so i mean... 180km/h is like 100 MPH thats easy... push it further next time! :mrgreen: lol just kiding... speeding is... uhhh.... bad thats right... its bad.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The car is VERY stable to high speeds.
I've pushed it up to 250 km/h in Germany,when I was racing an AUDI TT.
Guess who had to give up....... *this used to be MR green... someone did not read the rules*
I was going at this speed with 5000 rpms and 6th gear in the box.I would like to see if it had more to give me........

Check this out...

It shows 200km/h on 4000 rpm and I could get a picture of my speedometer,driving with one hand.
I know it's not the best thing to do,but it's a good way to see how stable the car is..... :wink:

·
Administrator
668 Posts
This is me at 2:30 AM.... bye bye

·
Administrator
668 Posts
AY!!!! THATS A MR GREEN I SEE!!! IT SEEMS YOU DID NOT READ THE RULES!!! you bastard!
:mrgreen:

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Nicely done :shock: I recently took out a turbocharged diesel from a light as well ...slow ass trucks 8)

I moved this to the War Stories so we can get an archives going, but also left a shadow of it in the 9-3SS forums ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Boxerchip said:
AY!!!! THATS A MR GREEN I SEE!!! IT SEEMS YOU DID NOT READ THE RULES!!! you bastard!
:mrgreen:
Look..I found some of your pictures.......

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If you really want nobody else to use it,then take it off the emoticons.....

·
Administrator
668 Posts
haha dude.... its a joke because im "mr green" its just a joke... take it easy :mrgreen: lol

·
Registered
745 Posts
Boxer....

Did I see you in a white Viggen during rush hour in DC one morning...?

I drive a green NG.....with race emblems and large BBK's....I wondered because I saw someone in one on the highway ....and I've never seen a car move that quick...whomever it was they got over in the right lane from the far left...and in a puff of smoke disappeared....

Just curious..

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Nop, I live in charlottesville... its close to DC but I have not been up there in a wile. Also my Viggen is blue... but if you see me it will prob be the same deal.... ill be gone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts