Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
so... is theft not an issue where you live? Where exactly do you live and are you one whom locks their doors ;) :roll:

no but really, neat idea, looks like ya did it right atleast. I personally would never do it to a car... tempts ppl to just get in a just go who don' belong in the drivers seat.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BurnsSide42 said:
so... is theft not an issue where you live? Where exactly do you live and are you one whom locks their doors ;) :roll:

no but really, neat idea, looks like ya did it right atleast. I personally would never do it to a car... tempts ppl to just get in a just go who don' belong in the drivers seat.
You need the key in the ignition for the car to start.
Its not like you just push and it starts. if it did i would have never installed it.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Ahhh, ok, makes more sense now. But why not just turn the key the rest of the way? I mean... you're almost there at that point, then ya hafta push a button. lol sorry, i just feel like being a pain in the ass right now. It's kewl tho, i'd never do it for my wires are a mess anyways.... If i were to, i hit the buttom and my hazzards would flash, horn would honk and the car would stall. 9000's... go figure. lol

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Good job!! Its amazing what people will do when they're board with time on their hands.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
haha burnsside42, push a button and all those things happen, lol

question for all you with the push button ignition. you know how if you stall you have to turn the key back between lock and off and then back to start to start it back up(at least on my 97 900 i do), now with the push button, if you stall, do you have to turn the key back and stuff, or can you just push the start button again?

cause i really don't want to stall cutting out infront of a mack truck, and i'd like to be able to start it faster, then having to turn the key off then back on.

~justin

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
just dont stall... :wink:

when i was first learning manual on our 1982 900 i felt that to start the car back up was so easy being that the keys were already where they should be...!

Trexturk: my friend has a key pad you can wire up to the ignition and before you start it you have to type in a code...kinda dum but kinda kool...another bordom project!

also id rather get remote start with a clutch bypass!...would that work?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
iwantaviggen said:
Trexturk: my friend has a key pad you can wire up to the ignition and before you start it you have to type in a code...kinda dum but kinda kool...another bordom project!
That would acually be a pretty cool thing, but i would only do it if i lived in a bad area.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
trexturk, answer my question please.

~justin

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Actually thats a pretty important thing to know. I just got a new performance clutch, and its taking a little bit to get used to....so of course... I stall :( lol Im not a bad clutch driver, Im just not used to the performance clutch.

If there's anyway you could find out how the push button would work after a stall, that would REALLY help. I thought about it and it should be able to start back up by pushing the button..but Yo no say.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
i dont think he needs to go to any trial runs....

i would just guess that you would have to turn the key to off...then turn it to on..then push the button...if its in a convienent spot no worries...

i think its the same as if you stall in your saabs...just instead of crankin the key all the way you bush the button....

and turk he lives in a bad neighborhood...haha

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
yeah, but turning the key to off then to on, then pushing a button takes longer than if i just kept turning to start it, i just replaced my clutch cable, and it's taking some getting used to, i stalled coming out of the dealership, they laughed, i almost got side swiped by a pick up truck, but i figured i'd stall, so my hand was already on the key, so after i started it up, i like reved it up to like 3 grand and poped the clutch, and i left a huge strip coming out of the dealership, that's always cool :D :roll:

why can't you just start your car, stall it, then push the button and see if it starts it, it doesn't do a whole lot of damage to your car, and besides, other people want to know too.

don't be so difficult.

~justin

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
saabguy said:
yeah, but turning the key to off then to on, then pushing a button takes longer than if i just kept turning to start it
then dont stall... :D

and if you do stall a lot..then dont install one...

just wait till you get used to driving stick then worry about it....

i cant remember the last time i stalled.... 8)

im sure turk dosent need to worry about how long it takes to start it up after a stall either...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LIke iwantaviggen said, im not going to stall my car for no reason. Im not being difficult, you just don't understand.
I baby my car, then for me to stall it, would defetat the whole purpose.
How often do you stall?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i like never stall, but my dad and mom who like to go joyriding when i'm in bed stall quite i bit, i'll even have my key's under my pillow, and they'll still do it.

i want one because since i already have an out of place keyhole, i might as well have a push button starter.

~justin

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
saabguy said:
i want one because since i already have an out of place keyhole, i might as well have a push button starter.
OUT OF PLACE!!! :shock:

its the only key hole in the right place!

you should disconect the battery when you get home!

saabguy, if you want the push button then just do it.....if it dont work out then take it out....no biggy 8)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts