Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight after I got home early from work I went over to do a few loads of shop towels and DeLorean offered/suggest we pull the motor tonight - I agreed. So with only one thing holding us up - my lack of skill at lossening the shift cuppler bolts fast enough - we had a rather smooth pull. Here are the photo's - and the crack pulley wheel we found... and we found it rather strange too....
You will also see what happens to a motor when a crank seal goes bad 8)

And yes - this is Me - BurnsSide42 better known as Jeff - It was taken tonight after a typical day of work (tree cutting service) and then pulling that grungy ass motor.

:shock: :twisted: :shock:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update - starting pulling things off - next item to be taken off is the trans.

Stay Tunned!! More to come after this break! :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well it was a running and driving car - just not sure how it ran after taking off some of these parts.... - but so far the block seems good - won't know till those old Turbo Pistons' come on out. Anyone interested in Turbo Pistons with about 166K on em? Otherwise I'll have em around as paper weights and door stops :p :lol:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it's down to the block- crank- and pistons now. I'll take pictures tomorrow - the 2.1 Head is ready as well for the machine shop. I'll take all my before pics. I will get those posted asap.
It's going to cost me about $310 to have the head work done to the 2.1; cleaning - valve job - porting to match the 2.1 gasket - and milling to ensure perfect fit all for the $310. I am also having my 2.0 Block cleaned - honed - and pistons cleaned and installed with new rings for about $200 (about). Motor will be like new basicially for $500 of machine work +$800 of parts. :twisted: This SPG is going to fly :lol:

·
Registered
1981 8v c900 sedan, 1990 2.0 9k carlsson, 1992 21 c900 sedan
1,028 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
Here are the before block pics - block and head went today to begin it's $600 worth of machine work :shock: 8)
Unfortunately the pictures you posted from the 29th of August aren't showing up!

Regards,

Craig.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah - i need to fix all that - and my digital camera recently has gone on the frtiz - so I gotta figure something out for NEW photo's.... :shock: :oops:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looks like quite a project! The crank seal went out on my old motor too... nice and leaky... Can't wait to see the pics from after the machine work

1 - 9 of 9 Posts