Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had some nice torrential downpour today, and on my way to the weekly car meet, I drove through a massive puddle. It was HUGE! And I sprayed water everywhere all over the car (I hit it at ~40mph).

I pulled into the parking lot for the car meet, and my buddies told me there was a bigger puddle out on this nearby loop, so I went out to hit that one.

On my way to the target puddle, I came across an even bigger one that I was not expecting. I was in 3rd gear doing about 30, and the car almost came to a stand still. Downshift to 2nd, floor it, and I pulled through... and my exhaust note changed instantly.

We went back to the parking lot, and I looked under my car. The water in the puddle created enough drag on the exhaust that it pulled the midpipe out of the clamp holding it to the cat. So my SPG is temporarily running just the downpipe & cat, and I can't hear myself think while driving the car.

But it sure was fun! And I couldn't stop laughing about it.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Can you say "hydrolock"?

I thought you could! :)

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
It only takes like two minutes to hook that back up, no need to complain about it, but hook it back up!

I love puddle jumping though!

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It only takes like two minutes to hook that back up, no need to complain about it, but hook it back up!

I love puddle jumping though!
Yeah, I saw it would be pretty quick to put back together... but I wasn't about to crawl under the car in the rain in my nice work clothes.

·
Super Moderator
6,721 Posts
Instead of puddles, I aim for gravel and mailboxes.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Puddles were fun in the 4runner... They scare me in the spg. But I do understand the attraction...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts