Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long while of searching for the cause of rainwater leaking onto the floor of my c900, I have finally found the cause and thought I would share. It really was the last place I expected.

First of all, I will say that I pulled the door frame seals, hatch seals, and any other weatherstripping that I could and used 3m weatherstrip sealer/glue to reinstall them ensuring a good seal. I am fairly certain that it wasn't leaking from any of the doors/hatch/sunroof, but I wanted to rule that out.

I ended up stripping the interior of seats, carpet, console, floor-rusters, etc. to try to find this leak. As you can see in the pictures, at the front of the lower door frame there is a metal bracket that fastens to the inside of the car with 3 screws. Turns out, as water ran down the windshield, and down the drain holes at each end of the windshield, it would run down the inside of the fenders and across these 3 bolts. The lower of the 2 would seep water into the car and it would run behind the trim and under the carpet completely undetected (I could see residue, it had been leaking from this location for a while). Removing those screws/trim made it more obvious. (I was sitting in the car and a friend was blasting it with a hose). The solution is to remove those bolts, put a silicone sealer of some type on them and re-install.

Pics for reference. There are 3 bolt holes just in front of the door on the kick panel, that's where the water was seeping in.

yes, my hood cable broke :icon_frown:

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Well hey, look at that. I would not have suspected that either, good to know.

(You are way more vigilant than I ever would have been to figure that out)

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a quick update on this. After reinstalling those screws with thread sealer, it rained fairly hard the other day and I left the car outside. Floors are still dry!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

1 - 5 of 5 Posts