Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here is a picture of the long awaited carbon fiber hood. It came out pretty nice, but I want to make some adjustments in the core materials that support the hood on the next run. The fit was perfect and this was something that was concerning me a little since you never really know whether the mold has shifted a little until you actually pull a hood from the mold. Its hard to get a clean shot because of the glossy finish, but here goes ...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hella Nice

·
Registered
745 Posts
Does look kinda sexy....

Are you still planning to only put the mesh screens over the openings or will there be a sliding door to close them off during inclement weather?

regards

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will post a picture of the underside. To also include the latch mounting points, I will need to put the underside frame on the hood. At this point it is only the top skin to test for fit and looks. The subframe is easy and not complicated since I already have the mold made up. I am only planning on putting the stainless mesh over the holes since I don't think this is going to be a "daily driver" car. However, if someone wanted to put some type of doors on there it could be done. I will be finished with the R&D work next month and will start taking orders by then.,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts