Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after searching for a DIY forum on the net, i really didn't find much, but the post buy Blaque_Out helped out a bit.

I just gotta figure out how to cover up the back of the headlights so you can't see the backing

On the projector and highbeam, there were plastic clips that held a bolt(used to adjust the headlight) I took out those clips and put an L shaped metal piece, Bolted the lights to one end and bolted the other end to the base of the saab headlight.
But when doing so, make sure they are straight and not pointing to the left or right.

Here are some pics of the lights when i mounted them and after the glass is on. The stock inside housing is held on by 1 screw and 2 clips.
You can adjust the lights by bending those metal L pieces. When bent they should be able to hold the position.

Done mounting, now you need to fill inthe back. You can use sheet metal or other stuff, its your choice.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Man im glad you finally did this. They turned out really nice.

How does the glass effect the beam pattern at night, and does it really help?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Also you should try to wire them where both turn on when you use the high beam.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, the projector uses h3 fog light bulbs, so its not the brightest, but it lights up the road good enough, plus my fogs are pretty bright, so it helps

As for the highbeams,
If i hold it, it turns both on but if I pull it and let go(so highbeams stay on) Thats when the highs only work

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
could you somehow add like an hid in place of the regular beam and just add the projector thing so its the low and hid high?

otherwise besides it prolly not bein to bright its awesome

·
Registered
461 Posts
Umm do you think the projectors would work for a 2000 9-5? They probably would, but I am not so sure.

·
Administrator
254 Posts
That looks awesome trex, I bet they look even better in person. I have wanted to do something like that for a while, but alas, I have no money. :(

Kyle

·
Registered
432 Posts
Terk, good to see another friend from Saabcentral, this is Laser red turbo just incase u didnt know.. Car is looking incredible man, i haden't seen it in a long time.. !

·
Registered
392 Posts
That looks so good. How much did you get the projectors for? And how difficult/how much time did this take??

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the comment guys.
The lights cost me $20 from a buddy.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
thats pretty cool
the 9-5 question, i think the 05's have projectors so check that out as an option
also, terk, what front bumper is that?
it doesnt look quite stock, but mildly aggressive

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
You could get HIDS (High Intensity Discharge) starting in 03 for the 9-5 when they (saab) refined the Bumpers. The factory Headlights should be the same as earlier 9-5s but then you have to transfer all the goods...Ballasts ignitors and such.....and to top all of that the 9-5s have self leveling Projectors..... This would cost alot of money to convert your 99-02 9-5 . Just buy a HID conversion kit. There crazy!!!!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
b dash rian said:
what front bumper is that?
it doesnt look quite stock, but mildly aggressive
Its the saab catalog body kit.
Got it off ebay a long time ago

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
HIDSPG said:
You could get HIDS (High Intensity Discharge) starting in 03 for the 9-5 when they (saab) refined the Bumpers. The factory Headlights should be the same as earlier 9-5s but then you have to transfer all the goods...Ballasts ignitors and such.....and to top all of that the 9-5s have self leveling Projectors..... This would cost alot of money to convert your 99-02 9-5 . Just buy a HID conversion kit. There crazy!!!!!
tooo much money!! :shock: :shock:
my $20 silverstars work just fine.....

·
Registered
110 Posts
That's Amazing

WOW :shock: !

Those are badass! :twisted: What kinda lights would you recomend canabalizing for the projectors, would any aftermarket headlights with H4 projectors work, or would you reccomend using the civic ones for the wiring harness? Looks great and definately worth trying!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
what kinda bulbs r those in the projectors, i like the way my blue ones look if i could do that it would be worth it for me

1 - 20 of 32 Posts