Saab Link Forums banner

841 - 846 of 846 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #841 ·
^Thanks! Need to get some pics updated.

Brought the car to MikeD on Saturday. We found about half dozen boost leaks! But they all got tightened up and the car immediately ran WAY better. Then he updated the software... and it's amazing. I knew T5 was good, just not this good. I had always kinda settled figuring it just was what it was, but turns out we were chasing boost leaks all these years. Car is running great, better than ever! In 3rd if feels like it wants to rip the tires off the road. We need to make one or two small tweaks to the tune, but she's pretty dialed.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #842 ·
Not sure who is still around, but keeping the thread/diary alive anyway.

85 came out of storage yesterday. Charged the battery, started right up first crank. Threw some air in the tires and took the old lady out for some supper last night. Car feels good as ever.

I did notice an exhaust leak, and today saw the tailpipe sitting crooked and came to realize it's rusted out at the rear of the muffler. So new Skandix/Simons system on the way from eEuro (fuck those guys and their shipping costs). Also got some new rear speakers on the way.

Need to make a plan to get the crank seal done.

Looking forward to lots of miles this summer!

·
Super Moderator
6,721 Posts
Glad to hear this car is still alive!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #844 ·
Glad to hear this car is still alive!
I've had car fever for the last few months missing the shit out of driving a manual trans car. Problem solved! Just need to put lots of miles on her this summer.

I know we all know, but I swear every time I get back into the old c900 it reminds me that it is truly one of the greatest all around cars ever made. Sporty, pleasure to drive, plenty of space, economical... it just ticks so many goddamn boxes.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Yay! Activity!

Lets see some fresh pictures?

·
Registered
656 Posts
eEuro (fuck those guys and their shipping costs)!
I've gotten to the checkout screen with them a few times in the last month or so building parts lists to get stuff ready for the season and every time I do they want to drop ship one washer out of this warehouse, a screw out of that one, etc, and charge me separate shipping for everything because they decided they can show a lower item price on their site if they screw us on the shipping side. I've made no purchases as a result.

/rant

Awesome to hear you got the 900 out! Post some photos to remind us what it looks like.

Mine's been out for a couple weeks now, nothing like it!

841 - 846 of 846 Posts