Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7919743443&category=46100

What do you guys think? I have no idea what this thing is, it looks like some kind of atari pong game for the ECU ;).

It claims to reprogram the ECU by splicing into 2 wires under the dash to add HP, kind of like getting a new ECU from Powerchips which I've been debating. But this one claims ot be able ot change it on the fly. anyone have any idea how this thing might owrk?

Thsi guy has a ton of htese for all kinds of cars on eBay, which makes me think, he hasn't tested these at all on all the cars, and applied one idea to all the cars, which sounds scary ><.

Anyone up for racing our pong modified Saab's?! Old school Atari style?! :lol:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Don’t get it. For less than $5 you could get different resistors from Radio Shack and do the same thing. It just changes the signal from the intake air temp sensor. But this is a terrible way to squeeze more hp from the engine. Spend the money on products that actually cool the intake air.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Guess you don't need my input. But just in case you do, I say don't buy it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
yes in theory it could work, however all you're really purchasing is some resistors you could easily get from radio shack....as mentioned before, do not purchase them from ebay, just go to radio shack and buy some resistors yourself

saabvos

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
But there's more:

Screwing around with the electronic performance controls can get you some marginal gains but they'll likely come at the expense of the engine. Safer mod paths exist, which is the point of a real ECU mod...

An MBC is much safer....

·
Registered
616 Posts
I tried this "mod" before using a variable resistor with the same restistance range as the stock sensor {10k ohm linear potentiometer} on the air intake temperature sensor on my 240sx. After some testing I realized at the very most it makes your car run richer, and advances the timing a bit.
Overall not a noticible power increase in my modded 240sx.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts