Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been having some problems with my clutch i think when i accelerate i get some power to the wheels but not all it feels like im holding the clutch in a little. if it is my clutch what do i need to replace because the body shop down here is saying its going to be around 1500 dollars please help!!!!

·
10,303 Posts
Sounds about right. The gearbox needs to come out. Parts are close to $400 if you replace it all. Viggen Clutch + Pressure Plate ($304), Slave Cyl ($100), Rear Crank Seal ($12).

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Pretty common shop quote.

Takes a good amount of time to get the clutch off and then get it all back together.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
My car is having a clutch put in right now. The cost is 750, without parts. That's changing the clutch, PP, slave, rear main seal, re-surface flywheel, flush the tranny. align shifter. 1500 sounds right on as you are getting the parts from them and they will charge you extra.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Which shop? thats a pretty good deal
My car is having a clutch put in right now. The cost is 750, without parts. That's changing the clutch, PP, slave, rear main seal, re-surface flywheel, flush the tranny. align shifter. 1500 sounds right on as you are getting the parts from them and they will charge you extra.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey

the clutch pedal is strange it only has resistance in like a 3 inch area is this normal for a upgraded viggen clutch?

·
10,303 Posts
Sounds like it wasn't bled enough. Leave it for a day or 2 with the clutch pedal halfway down. Use a stick, or a mic stand or a used crutch, or a tall lamp, or a mop, or whatever.

·
10,303 Posts
Yes, see my post above.

No, they clearly couldn't do it right the first time.

Basically the car has a bit or air in it and leaving the thing open via the clutch depressing method should correct it after a day or 2.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Bleeding the clutch on these cars is a royal PITA. The only way I've found to get it right the first time is to reverse bleed it. Another trick I've heard, is that if it's not bled quite properly, but works enough that the car is drivable, you can park it facing downhill on a slope and push the clutch pedal in a couple of dozen times.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My clutch is starting to slip in high gears at full throttle (not as bad when warmed up though) Im guessing the clutch disc is expanding when car warms up. Can I just buy the 6 puck clutch disk on genuinesaab and a nice lightweight flywheel or is a new pressure plate required? I plan on changing the slave while in there also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts