Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all great to be back but wish it was for good news, this morning while I was doing my paper route the clutch cable broke right at the transmission, sooooooooooo I had to drive home with no clutch yay....... So first question is can this be easily changed/upgraded to a hydraulic system? Second if not why did this cable break in less than a year and a half??? It looks like the ball just popped off the end where its in the bracket. Oh and if you dont use the clutch 3rd is a bit difficult to nail but it only grinds a bit :p

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HOLY CRAP!!!! Just saw the hydraulic conversion online, almost $500!!!!! I think I will just buy the 12 euro clutch cable again and change it when it breaks again LOL

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!!! Just saw the hydraulic conversion online, almost $500!!!!! I think I will just buy the 12 euro clutch cable again and change it when it breaks again LOL
You could source up the parts for much cheaper... I just let a pedal and slave cylinder go for rather cheap. Only issue is that it is not an easy swap... there is a guide around here somewhere, I can try to find it for you if you want, but it involves some drilling and cutting in tight places.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Well the only problem for Unreal2004 is that he lives in a fascist country that has some seriously uptight vehicle laws that are not consumer friendly. Essentially, their laws are only there to benefit parts sellers and repair shops. He is certainly better off just going with the same setup he has, rather than somehow offend the car nazis there.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the only problem for Unreal2004 is that he lives in a fascist country that has some seriously uptight vehicle laws that are not consumer friendly. Essentially, their laws are only there to benefit parts sellers and repair shops. He is certainly better off just going with the same setup he has, rather than somehow offend the car nazis there.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ROFLOL That I can agree with :p I think we will pass on the hydraulic conversion, I have had enough drilling and cutting sheet metal on this car for one year, give me a few days LOL My only fear right now is that when we put the new cable on (the new one is a self adjusting one from Saab) that it will break soon too, the one that broke wasnt even rusty! Partly due to the ample lube leaking out of the dizzy!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I just got the clutch replaced, the old one was a manual adjusting one and the new one is automatic (I hope). Car drives good now with no crunchy noises haha. Damn glad to be back in a car with a heater, the BMW we borrowed had a bum fan blower so no heat and its been in the single digits here (F scale, I hate C scale LOL). Word of advice to those that use the cable setup, tie a wire (speaker wire) or string to the clutch spring, that will save you about an hour of frustration and frozen fingers ROFLOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.