Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
I use this one - Universal Wall Adapter Power Supply

Doesn't say if its regulated or unregulated, but it works fine for flashing.

Edit - After doing some reading, an unregulated supply will have a higher voltage under its max load, and a lower voltage above its max load. I believe that if you can switch the voltage (like the one i posted) it will be regulated.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
I went to radioshack and picked up a 15 volt 1amp transformer.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
You may laugh, but I am using the battery from a 15v cordless drill that the drill died.

Worked so far. I usually have a meter on the battery and it is pretty darn stable at 15.1v or so.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I am using an old Toshiba laptop power cord with the plug snipped off and alligator clips added on the ends. Eventually I'll modify it so there's less chance of the clips hitting other posts, but if you're careful it works just fine.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I am using an old Toshiba laptop power cord with the plug snipped off and alligator clips added on the ends. Eventually I'll modify it so there's less chance of the clips hitting other posts, but if you're careful it works just fine.
I used something similar for awhile. I cut one lead like 6 inches shorter so I didn't have to worry about the clips hitting.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Well I have a t5 ecu harness wired up to the battery, bdm and canbus so its plug'n'play.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts