Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just curious to see everyones stereo setup. So dig up those pictures or take some and share with everyone your sweet headunit, dvd player, subwoofers, and or amps. I just bought my first headunit since 2005, its a Pioneer DEH-3200UB and from doing very extensive research its had 5 stars everywhere sold. I also have a Kenwood W3005 subwoofer being powered by a 400w amp. Hoping to get all this hooked up this weekend. Ill have pics of it installed when that time comes. For now:

The stereo actually glows red from factory but theres a setting to switch it to green, which im really happy about.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
I have a pioneer deh-p7200hd in my SPG. And boy do I love it.
I just wish they had the USB input in the rear like they have in past models.

^^ Better times when that song was playing :(

Also I need to do my speakers. Please if anyone has recommendations...

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Same as OP for my c900. Chosen for the green backlight.

Just bought this for my 4Runner to replace the crap stock am/fm/cd/tape. $125 and plug/play from a Scion w/ rear USB:

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Current Head unit:

Current Sub and Amp setup:

Current fuse and auxiliary fuse setup:

Head unit: JVC KD-SH707
Speaker Amp: Alpine MRV-F302 (50w x 4 RMS)
Sub Amp: Alpine MRV-T502 (300w x 1 RMS)
Speakers: 4x Polk/Momo MM6 Components
Subwoofer: 1x 8" MTX Blue Thunder in sealed box
RF 1 Farad Capacitor

Have some new Alpine gear to go in, just haven't had the time. Current gear, minus the speakers, has been in three cars over the course of 10+ years.

New stuff:
Plethora of Raam Audio sound deadening.
Head unit: Alpine CDA-9887 (+Sirius, BT and iPod)
Amp: Alpine PDX-5 (75w x 4 & 300w x 1 RMS)
Subs: 2x 6,8 or 10", currently undecided.
Either going to do some fiberglass work to minimize impact on trunk space, or do some type of stealth install.

Also upgraded my alternator to a 140 amp unit.
Replacing my battery cables with 2 or 0 gauge.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
For the most part, stock.

9-7X Aero: Nav/Sat radio/CD w/ rear DVD player and a pair of wireless headsets.

GTO: Stock, am/fm/6 disk in-dash changer, but hardwired the Garmin Nuvi nav into the dash, and added a Bluetooth wireless kit:

9-5 Aero: Stock Harmon Kardon. No pics that I can find.

'93 Commemorative -- painstakingly stock -- it took years to find all the (working)components: Clarion AM/FM Cassette HU, Clarion CD player/Changer controller/EQ, Clarion CDC636 changer, Clarion under-rear seat amp, and all the proprietary cabling hooking it all together:

'91 SE Convertible; the only car in the fleet with an aftermarket HU, a Blaupunkt. No pics of it either, but you're not missing much.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I'll update with pics later.

9000:

Alpine IVA-D300 (old skool) dvd player with sirius connect

Alpine v-power 4 channel amp (4x125)
powering 4" (1" tweets) mb quart components up front , and some mediocre kicker components in the rear for filler.

JL monoblock amp, about 500 watts, forget the model, powering an mb quart premium (or something) 12" DVC sub.

the 335 just has the stock Harman Kardon Logic 7 system, and i have no plans of messing with it, IMO the best system i've heard in a car in its price range to date, i had to tweak the EQ to be able to say that, but the end result is what matters. I think its about 500 or 600 watts total, 13 speakers or something stupid, although i rarely use the surround options so its usually running on 10.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Talladega- for having everything completely stock in all your rides, those are some nice units, i wouldnt bother going aftermarket with any of that.

Jlausch- thats a heavy looking sub dude.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Yeah its a bit overkill lol, but i got it free using my reward points from work, we use out points to buy shit from Amazon, its a pretty sweet deal, only took me a year and half of work to get enough points for the sub lol. I either having a wiring issue or my box isn't sealing right because it only gets loud to point and then won't go louder, its odd, i'm not as much of an expert with stuff like that. Although i wish i was.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah its a bit overkill lol, but i got it free using my reward points from work, we use out points to buy shit from Amazon, its a pretty sweet deal, only took me a year and half of work to get enough points for the sub lol. I either having a wiring issue or my box isn't sealing right because it only gets loud to point and then won't go louder, its odd, i'm not as much of an expert with stuff like that. Although i wish i was.
that is a sweet deal, where do you work? i want those incentives lol.

idk what to tell you about the sub issue, i dont think it would be a wiring issue.... id say the sealing is leaking air or something to do with your amp? has it always done this or just recently?

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Headunit-Sony cdx m8800(nice and stealthy looking)
Doors-MB Quartz 6x1/2 woofers
Dash-Infinity Reference 3032cf
Rear-Stock for now

Plan on doing an amp/sub setup along with finishing putting in infinity references in the doors and rears...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Talladega- for having everything completely stock in all your rides, those are some nice units, i wouldnt bother going aftermarket with any of that.
Hey, thanks. Funny thing is, I just retired the cassette recorder in the home stereo set up, and the tapes I have are getting old (in older, less listened to tapes, the magnetic singnal bleads over between loops in the tape) and no new ones are going to be made anymore in this household...

So, though the Commem ICE is stock and still sounds pretty damned good for what it is, the technology today is leaving it behind. I'm going to have to upgrade sometime if I want to listen to anything worth listening to... Or just listen to local FM and CD's and that'll be it.

The 9-5 is in a similar situation: Am/FM Cassette/CD. Everything nowadays is Satellite and iPod/MP3 based. So I've been kicking around the idea of a Pioneer AVIC Z120BT.

The 'vert is iPod enabled (though I would not recommend the Blaupunkt Bahamas -- the iPod controls never did work correctly).

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
that is a sweet deal, where do you work? i want those incentives lol.

idk what to tell you about the sub issue, i dont think it would be a wiring issue.... id say the sealing is leaking air or something to do with your amp? has it always done this or just recently?
It's always done it, but it should be wired fine

I work for AT&T, believe me that incentive does not make it worth working there, although i won't complain i guess.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

I have a Kenwood head unit with iPod hookup. I love it thats for sure. Also got a set of Kenwood door and rear speakers for christmas.

Rears :

Doors :

I am going to assume it will be awesome.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got mine all hooked up over the weekend, and it sounds amazing once everything was tuned. im getting some mad bass from that kenwood i have, and the Pioneer is nice cuz it gives me ALOT of options for EQ and speaker settings.

Tho i had one hell of a time installing the headunit.....does that metal "cage" have to come out? i stuffed the new HU and pocket in there and it doesnt look right at all..... some one tell me what i did wrong? ill upload pics later.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
I believe you leave the stock cage in there otherwise the HU wont stay mounted properly
got mine all hooked up over the weekend, and it sounds amazing once everything was tuned. im getting some mad bass from that kenwood i have, and the Pioneer is nice cuz it gives me ALOT of options for EQ and speaker settings.

Tho i had one hell of a time installing the headunit.....does that metal "cage" have to come out? i stuffed the new HU and pocket in there and it doesnt look right at all..... some one tell me what i did wrong? ill upload pics later.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
If your putting in an aftermarket stereo you must remove the stock radio cage.
If the new unit was made to fit the car it should come with it's own cage. Generally a shallow backless cage that snaps in place of the OEM one.

There was an aftermarket Sony unit that came in the '89 900 vert that my son bought last summer that wasn't installed properly. When we pulled it from the dash, there was an empty water bottle in there to keep it from sinking in too deeply. It didn't have a cage. I took an OEM SAAB cage and removed the back of it and the radio fits in there fine now.

As for my ICE, I've got OEM Clarion units (Head and CD/EQ) in my Comm Eds just like Talledaga's but I've also got a Clarion CD changer in my CE vert. The speakers have been replaced with Polks in the vert and Soundstream Tarantulas in the coupe (4x10s replaced with 6x9s in the back). If I ever decide to replace the OEM Clarion stuff, this is what's going in. Looks almost OEM but kicks the ass of the dated Clarion units:

My blue '93 900T vert daily driver came with an Alpine receiver/CD/XMradio unit and Boston Acoustics speakers already installed. I just added an Alpine KCA-420i ipod interface to it a couple weeks ago. You can control the ipod with the radio controls--nice feature. Pretty good sounding unit, but I may add a sub at some point. The verts have pretty small speakers.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Too bad no one has come up with a genius way to get a new H/U in a 9-5. One of the larger drawbacks of that vehicle...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If your putting in an aftermarket stereo you must remove the stock radio cage.
Then how does the HU stay in place without out the cage? I can see how it would fit a little better and look better.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts