Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dulles Airport, VA

I was at the polling place at 4:50 for a 6:00 opening. Outta there by 6:05, when I left there were 500 people in line at 6:00 to vote. Get out and vote!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Contoocook, NH

I was there at 7:00am and there were approximately 40 people waiting to vote. About the same when I left a few minutes later.

Take the time and vote!

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I got to the polling place at about 5:45 am. I was out of there by 6:20. When I was leaving, the line had grown from about 20 to about 100.

I am going back after school to vote again. Should be interesting to see how the lines are later.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is this a Chicago/IL thing? Vote early and vote often;)

I am going back after school to vote again. Should be interesting to see how the lines are later.

·
c900 Grognard
3,713 Posts
I should note, my vote only counts in the general election, so basically, it doesn't count except "in principle."

Taxation without representation sucks.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I was there at 6:30 and I was # 61 to vote.

Anyone who does not vote (and is able to) is not allowed to complain about anything going on in this country.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I should note, my vote only counts in the general election, so basically, it doesn't count except "in principle."

Taxation without representation sucks.
***Gives Jack a hug***

I know, I know. But you have those darn cool license plates proclaiming that the 50 states are holding the District down.

Voted at 8:30 a.m. was voter #108 on one of two scanning machines at the polling precinct. Not sure if there were lines earlier, but a lot of the signature lines in the voter book were already filled in. Neat!

I just realized, after living in Vermont for the last two presidential elections, that this is my first vote that will really count since 1996. Crazy. Gotta love the swing states.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Stratham, NH had three lines going into town hall: A-G, H-N, and O-Z... both A-G and O-Z were out the door. Where my last name begins with an L, I cruised right up to the table, got my ballot and Baracked the Vote!

Dixville Notch, NH is the first town in the country to vote -- and they did so at midnight. Obama 15, McCain 6. FTW!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I got to my mailbox two weeks ago at around 10:30 in the morning, and there was no line. I was in and out of there in 5 seconds tops.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Got up, drove to polling location #1 line half around the block. Drove two blocks away to polling location #2, looked much less busy, got out, got to the door and realized the line was about 100 people long inside the building.

I'll be back after work to vote, then like Aero, I'll go to the other locations in my ward and vote a few more times

·
Registered
540 Posts
If ur planning on voting aftr work, make sure you give urself enough time b4 polls close. bc if its this bad in morning, it might be worse at night. Took me 2 hrs

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
If ur planning on voting aftr work, make sure you give urself enough time b4 polls close. bc if its this bad in morning, it might be worse at night. Took me 2 hrs
Around here, the deal is if you're in line before the polls close you are covered.

I might sneak back during lunch time and do it then, I'll have to see.

·
Banned
189 Posts
I'll be back after work to vote, then like Aero, I'll go to the other locations in my ward and vote a few more times
I've voted 7 times already, Thanks accorn!
Good to see the liberals are cheating. Nice to have confidence in our voting system.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts