Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
inspired by the video on this thread: http://saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?p=525643#post525643
i was wondering what car people would rather own. give a choice and your reason.
similar price, similar performance, both are drool-worthy.
911 = purist choice, true sports car, reliable and made for beating on it, a bit old-school, lacks creativity/adventure
R8 = supercar looks, unsurpassed build and material quality, super comfort, sexy, adventurous, cutting edge, probably unreliable, no way can it be as fun to drive-or can it?

i wish i knew how to make a poll...

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
GT3 hands downi i would go with a yellow one but i am biased i love porsches, in my eyes there is nothing better, best DD is 997 turbo, that rs is nice fieldsc but the best RS is the orange with black lettering

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
If the GT3 RS does fall under the GT3 title, then the GT3 RS hands down. Hell I would take it over the GT2.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
GT3 all day. The R8 is a car for non car guys, much like the G35.
did you read the latest european car? (maybe not latest i just got it when i was at my parents house so it could be old...has a bunch of 911's on the front)

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
The R8 is a car for non car guys, much like the G35.
Exactly.

For me:

GTR > Any 911 iteration > Z06 > R8

I absolutely adore Porsche and spent the first few years of my career slaving away working for them...I have to say that the GTR wins out. :neutral:

The 911 is a PURE car. There isn't much to it. You are buying a car and a legacy. Everything was purposefully done. It doesn't coddle you.

However, the GTR is just a f'ing machine. It is a giant (GODZILLA!) slayer. And it does so on a budget. In my mind, there is not a better car on the market. Call it rice. Call it ugly. Call it over rated. But at the end of the day call me way the f faster than you...regardless of what you are driving (minus a Viggen).

To me the R8 is still a luxury car. I know it performs well and it looks gorgeous, but it still just seems like something some chubby dbag would drive and never take to the track -- just to turn heads. Arguably, this could be said about all the cars mentioned here.

And this is just my perception and how I define these brands/cars in my head.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
i think i will apply for a job at valet's in some hotel on newbury street area in boston, so i can get some chance in driving one of these.

my vote goes to... GT3!

1 - 20 of 159 Posts