Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another car I detailed, a 1999 911 (996) Carrera 4 with a 6 speed manual. I have always loved Porsches so this was a joy to work on and spurred me to do a bit extra for the owner. I figure that if I save time by having less surface area to work on, I would make up for it by spending some extra attention on the car.

It was in pretty good shape due to the fact that it lives in the garage, however the clear bra was looking a bit yellow and dull and there was some stupidly stubborn tire dressing on the front tires that took 5 hits of OPC at 3:1 to remove. Other than that, the car was washed, clayed, glazed, and waxed. I decided to spend the extra time giving the clear bra some attention; this was done by polishing it with Menzerna po87mc followed by the glaze and wax steps. It made a nice difference however there were areas where the adhesive was failing. Anyways, on to the products and pictures.

Products and Process:

-Meguiars Gold Class shampoo
-Optimum OPC with various brushes and mitts
-Wheels with Gold Class, OPC, and my Raceglaze XL wheel brush
-Dried with CG Miracle Dryer
-Clayed with Riccardo Yellow and CG Luber
-CG EZ creme glaze via DA
-PO87mc on a white LC pad via my PC
-Collinite 845 on everything
-P21s 100% as LSP since it is a German car
-Tires dressed with Opti-bond
-Planet Polish WS+S on the rims
-PB's trim restorer on the cowel and trim
-CG Barebones in the wheel wells

Interior:

-Vacuumed with the Shop Vac
-All plastics and vinyl cleaned with OPC
-Leather treated to Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil
-303 Aerospace applied to all plastics and vinyl
-DG Aquawax applied to the jambs
-AG Fast Glass

Onto the pictures; silver is great at hiding dirt and contaminants so the befores aren't too impressive:

Here are the afters: I am very happy with the results I achieved on the silver paint

Thanks for making it to the end! Comments and criticism always welcome.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Dude, why the hell did I never drive down to CT to get the Aero done.

You'd probably throw up.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually enjoy cars that have the potential to make a huge transformation rather than a well kept car that just needs a wipedown and wax top up. I have done some nasty cars while I was back in CT though, unless your car has throw up and moldy food inside of it I don't think you would phase me haha.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Do we really need another "hi my name is christian and I know how to use an orbital buffer" thread? This shit is tiresome already. Please, end this.

Good Night,
Dave

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Then don't read them. At least he is posting something interesting.

You are such an asshat.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Do we really need another "hi my name is christian and I know how to use an orbital buffer" thread? This shit is tiresome already. Please, end this.

Good Night,
Dave
Wait, Christian's shit is tiresome? There's the underside of rock that's lonely right now, Dave.

Go yell at someone over at SaabCentral.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Then don't read them. At least he is posting something interesting.

You are such an asshat.

QUOTE]

You find this interesting?? I guess Wisconsin is more boring than I thought. Find a life.
You apparently find trolling a Saab forum looking to pick fights interesting.

You are single-handedly make me second guess wanting to move to New Hampshire.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts

Good Night,
Dave
This is a car forum. We like cars. We really like clean cars. We really really like photos of clean cars. Christian is good at this and provides excellent advice to others with less experience.

Fuck off,
TSL

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
I think Dave is a little jealous. Christian's threads are like the pages of that oft-maligned childrens book, "Things Rich Kids Have That You Never Will". There are two reasons this angers Dave and whoever can guess them first gets a coupon to OCB from MSA-East.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
^A well-balanced diet and a good personality?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts