Saab Link Forums banner

Plugs

3K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  Raven18940 
#1 ·
I have not done a B235R tune up in 1+ years.

I remember there were plugs to buy that I could get almost anywhere that were much cheaper than the $10-12 from the dealer.

BCP6K somethings?

Someone refresh my memory please. Cheap/correct plugs for a bone stock B235R/'00 Aero. Would like to get something at a NAPA/Pep Boys/Auto Zone.

#13 ·
You might be able to find them somewhere, often times they won't have the correct type in NGK application and will try to sell you a motorcraft because they have them in stock. To me, it's not worth my time going to what will probably be several different parts stores trying to find the correct plug, and perhaps failing in the end. Don't you have some other things you also need from eeuroparts that will amount to the free shipping rate?

#28 ·
I posted it on Bimmerforums first, so far no luck.

Found it via google:

When replacing the spark plugs it's important to check following:

- First Allow 30 seconds for the module to power down then remove the electrical plug to ensure your safety.
- Always use resistor type NGK spark plugs. All Saabs equipped with DI cassettes have been specified with resistor type NGK plugs
- Verify the correct gap at the electrode (1.0mm -1.1mm)
- Check For oil leakage from coil assemblies. This would indicate a failed DI assembly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.