Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not done a B235R tune up in 1+ years.

I remember there were plugs to buy that I could get almost anywhere that were much cheaper than the $10-12 from the dealer.

BCP6K somethings?

Someone refresh my memory please. Cheap/correct plugs for a bone stock B235R/'00 Aero. Would like to get something at a NAPA/Pep Boys/Auto Zone.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
I would recommend using any Autolite or Champion. They are popular with the newbs and will work fine, while adding 35whp.*

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, and those are darn expensive. Just buy the copper plugs that are correct for the car on eeuroparts for $7.44, and you will have the actual correct part for the right price.
None of the big chains carry it? I would rather not have to pay for shipping and have to wait for it if I don't have to.

·
7,595 Posts
You might be able to find them somewhere, often times they won't have the correct type in NGK application and will try to sell you a motorcraft because they have them in stock. To me, it's not worth my time going to what will probably be several different parts stores trying to find the correct plug, and perhaps failing in the end. Don't you have some other things you also need from eeuroparts that will amount to the free shipping rate?

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You might be able to find them somewhere, often times they won't have the correct type in NGK application and will try to sell you a motorcraft because they have them in stock. To me, it's not worth my time going to what will probably be several different parts stores trying to find the correct plug, and perhaps failing in the end. Don't you have some other things you also need from eeuroparts that will amount to the free shipping rate?
I think the only other thing I need is the air filter. Basically I will try 1-2 local places and then go with Eeuro if I am unsuccessful.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You can go to one of the local advanced autoparts and ask them to order them if they dont have them in stock, they usually come the next day. I usually go to the one on salem st in dover off rt 10. Theres also the one on 46 in denville.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.