Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
STOCK (except intake) 1995 ng900se 2.0
I changed plugs about a week before i had a Crank no start/ no spark, problem. (Napa NGK BCPR6ES-11) i went ahead and bought a DIC for it and it worked, for about another week before i had a hard start/no start.
Today I had a no start. I popped out the plugs and could smell the fuel inside and they looked lean but not hot. So i put the old champs back in and switched back to my old DIC. (yes i kept just incase) I had a QUICK start up.
Now with the hotter NGK my car ran a little cooler and didn't like to really move until fully warmed up. it would chug a little. Also my cat was starting to clog up (uphill smell) the turbo would spool then back off.
After the car started it was blowing black (like a rich carb tune) when she was warmed up i went out and you could tell she was still clogged a bit, well having a friend follow up a good size hill you could see the black coming out and the turbo tried to spool but would back off. after a few corners and light pedal pumps she took off. she was good as new. even after a while of normal driving she was still doing full boost. So now i have a back up DIC and will be buying some new correct NGK's (that Napa told me they dont make anymore) from genuine saab. Let it be known don't mess with the plugs.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
as far as them not being made anymore, that is incorrect. a few months ago, NGK changed all of their stock numbers, which has led to a lot of confusion. they're definitely still being made.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would figure so. I am in Traverse city Mi, where we are behind in everything. I did however did tell them i wanted a i wanted those in a 7 not a 6, and all three (zone advanced, napa) said that they don't make those. i would expect that from zone and advanced, but not napa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.