Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures from the crash the wheels and seets as requested... the cars not at my house yet so i couldnt get at the hood but the motor still runs so i dont think there is any damage to it turbo might be salvageable as well. any thing on the iside is in great shape. im also willing to sell ne thing else any one else wants out of it that they think would still be in good shape ... i figure id let all u lovly ppl have a shot at it b4 i put it on ebay ...they make me very sad :(

i do how ever have the problem of not knowing how to take alot of this stuff a part so if your interested talk to me and we can work out the details

thanks all

·
Registered
222 Posts
It doesnt look totaled to me, my c900 has been in 3 wrecks, one looked worse than that. It looks like it could be rebuilt but I dont know shit.

·
7,595 Posts
new parts cost would far exceed the value of the car, that car is the definition of "totaled"

however... had you access to a junk yard and parts, it's probably quite fixable.

·
Registered
299 Posts
looks like you just need a new hood front left body panel grill and lights and alittle body straighting and some duck tape :D
ever notice how saabs never hit other cars on the bumpers. its weird

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
yeah thats about what he would need...but having rebuilt a 9k front end...its not not worth it....the fenders are welded onto the frame....and my friend owns a body shop snd had told me that minimum just to attatch the car to a fram straightener is 1500 bucks...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Or if you own a body shop, we can do that with our eyes closed. Seriously though, for someone like you it would cost most likely over 5k to fix that using used parts if you sent it to a body shop. Best bet would be to part it out, or sell it to a bodyshop, they usually will buy a car like this if its a clean title rebuild it and sell it with the crash on its record.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
if i had either the money or the space I'd buy it as parts complete for about $900 - cause you can get a complete running car (not totaled) CSE for around $1500 if you are good.... but who knows - If you are cheap enough on your parts - I may just end up doing that in parts :lol:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea that front spoiler is only attached by like 3 screws the rest got ripped off. but bit of super glue might hold it on though :lol:

the toe truck will bring it to my house tomarow i have a garage it can go in... im gonna rip off the hood asap and get some under the hood shots for every one
lemmie know if u want ne thing... its not gonna be doin ne body ne good sitting in my garage...

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
burns...i think that cars worth a little more than 900...its got prolly a perfect trionic motor with only like 130k on it...thats worth alot and that interior is mint prolly get 1000 on saabnet....pluys i get first dibs on what i need since hes right by my college :wink:

still sux tho....

·
User
9,193 Posts
problem is, newer 9000's are a BITCH to work on (body wise).... espeically after an accident such as that.

I recently picked up a fender on the same side for my cousin at the junkyard for 40 bucks... had it painted black to match for 250..... then go to install, ran into millions of problems, and gave up and I am going to bring it to Collision Pro... The fender doesn't line up properly, and it has odd gaps, and the bolts in the engine bay wont screw in because the little brackets on some of them fell out from underneath....

Have fun if you choose to repair it yourself.... it isn't a walk in the park. also, beware of the screws for the airdam that bolt onto the fender... there are 3 of em. the 3rd in the waaaaaay inside is extremely difficult to get to.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
car came today. shes in the garage. good news is the car still runs and drives actuly. but all kinds of chemicals leak out the bottem. bad news toeing company where jerks :evil: over charged me a day and where ... not going to abuse the swearing sensor.... about the whole deal. project hood removal will comence in a hour or two once most of the snow is removed ill keep you posted

BRAD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts