Saab Link Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
9-2X

Pics of the 9-2X from the Toronto Auto Show that I took. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
oh, i'm sorry, did you say "enjoy"?....

i hate that car so much

probably the first person to get one, and post on here they have it will get flammed so badly, lol

~justin

·
Registered
711 Posts
It's not really that bad...

The 9-2X fills a huge niche in the market segment, namely "WRX for people who think the WRX should be given a mercy shot-in-the-head due to it's "styling"".

Compared to the overblown WRX (and slightly less offensive Impreza) the Saab 9-2X looks very clean and actually pretty good. The rear end treatment kicks the rear end of the Subaru in the rear end :lol: and the front end is actually pretty attractive, compared to the sheer, uncomparable horror of the Impreza / WRX.

c'mon, that is horrible!

·
Registered
292 Posts
My oppinion

Saab really screwed up on this one, It is a damn subaru! I hate to be an antagonist but the only thing truly saab on that "thing" is the grill. Please.
I think that they should have made a "Saab 9-3R" Took the saab 9-3 hatch or SS lowered it put 17's on it a louder exhaust, and a big spoiler. That would defintally appeal to the younger croud that an friggin wagon.
^
Subaru

I rest my case.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The question of whether you like the 9-2x depends on several things. Are you a ricer at heart? Are you young and only wish to appeal to skinny guys in muscle tee's in winged civics? DO you want women to like you because how fast your car is? This would be reason to like the 9-2x. Now here is why you would hate it......DO you enjoy sophistication? Do you understand the line between trying to look good and doing so without trying? DO you have confidence enough in yourself not to cmpensate or throw your balls around to get noticed? To pick up on women to you suave your way in or just rev your engine? If you answered correctly on these questions this is why you would hate the 9-2 X. I personally would rather sweet talk a woman to fall for then then slide her into my leather seated, heated 9-5 and not to mention that great sounding turbo would only add to her facination. Cause lets face it if all you have is a car.....that's all you got. No game, no style and when you blow a piston I'll drive up and take car of her. :wink:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Osiris said:
DO you want women to like you because how fast your car is?
Osiris said:
Do you understand the line between trying to look good and doing so without trying?
Osiris said:
DO you have confidence enough in yourself not to cmpensate or throw your balls around to get noticed?
Osiris said:
To pick up on women to you suave your way in or just rev your engine?
Osiris said:
I personally would rather sweet talk a woman to fall for then then slide her into my leather seated, heated 9-5 and not to mention that great sounding turbo would only add to her facination. Cause lets face it if all you have is a car.....that's all you got. No game, no style and when you blow a piston I'll drive up and take car of her. :wink:
Wow you sound obsessed with trying to get women with your car...Your signature even sells the deal :lol:

The 9-2X is a nice car. There is nothing ricey about it. Maybe you spend your life trying to impress those civic guys, but I personally don't give a shit. The 9-2X is a sophisticated vehicle. You are probably just ignorant to the machine under the hood. Sounds like you are obsessed with looks, rather than performance. Trying to get noticed too much with your car...Most of us love a car for the feeling you get out on an open highway mashing the pedal, and not having a care in the world. Who the hell cares about impressing the women when you don't have a care in the world for those few seconds you are out alone on the open highway...Nothing is the same...I don't see the 9-2X at all as a vehicle to buy to try and impress women.

But nice try on the list of things to determine whether you like the 9-2X or not. Sure didn't work :D

·
Registered
461 Posts
True I could have been more subjective in my questions, but I just expected more from saab. Though the vehicle does look nice there seems to be something missing, but that once again is purely my opinion. And we could argue this for threads and threads, but lets not let the 9-2 turn into a falme page though...might be a bad idea. Touche on the questions though rcmdesign touche!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yea, everyone is entitled to thier own oppion, but i think those "saab engineers" In Japan should have put the wing on the back of the car instead of over the instrument pannel. :lol: ha ha ahh P.S. "I don't race station wagons in my 93" < I have this vision of a baby car seat in the back it makes me nervious.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
i think this car was lame at first, but for a young professional who doesn not want to look like a teenage ricer with NOS and neons and the whole deal, someone who wants AWD, a car with some extra space, something to take camping, skiing, snowboarding, mountaing climbing/biking... i think this would be a good car.

now would I personally buy one? probably not. I feel like my 9-3 hatch has more cargo space or close to it, and I like the styling better... plus there is no ECU upgrade out yet. :twisted: but if I didn't already have a nice Saab, and this would possibly be my first Saab or first car coming out of college, I would have considered getting one.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts