Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So installed the boost gauge today where the headlight switch wen(pics below)t. Takes some a little filing, just a little and a 2 1/16" gauge will fit fine. Hooked it up, taking off teh top of the dash makes it really easy. Now I found that Im spiking to 18psi, at which time the car jerks? Fuel cut? I was told models with tcs dont have a fuel cut, anyone have any input? None the less I think the previous owner adjusted base boost too high. But it sure is nice If I modulate the pedal to hold 16psi, nice and quick.
Any how updated pics below, installed grill, aero seats, new plugs, new serpentine belt, boost gauge, and thats it for now.

http://www.pbase.com/blue76zcar
Pics at link, cant figure out how to upload them.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Im really liking the way it looks there. I thought it would be hard to see but it isnt :D .

·
Registered
222 Posts
That looks great. Perfect place for it. Did you remount the light switch or just leave it in the dash and how hard was it to get the hose there, did you drill through the firewall?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
lemonscu said:
That looks great. Perfect place for it. Did you remount the light switch or just leave it in the dash and how hard was it to get the hose there, did you drill through the firewall?
Same thing I had done - cept I have my boost gauge where the clock used to be and my A/F gauge where the light switch was. No need for drilling (cept for light placement) for the switch. There are openings FYI in the firewall - a few that you can run wires and things through as needed - however for a Boost gauge there is NO need for that. Just locate a vacume line and splice into that for your boost gauge. Power and dimmer control wire - and you are set. As for the A/F gauge you must send the O2 wire through the firewall to the O2 sensor hook up to plice onto/tap that wire for it to read your mixture. The other wire to the ECU and lastly One to the power/dimmer.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep fairly simple, just teed into the line for the stock gauge. And wired her up, taking off the dash cover makes it a hell of alot easier.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah lemon, I just left the switch in the dash, Made it a whole lot easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts