Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was great meeting you guys! You're all an awesome group. The weather was great thank goodness..but thought I'd just share some of my pics with you guys

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Nice pics... thanks for sharing it with those of us who could not make it. Glad to see your getting so into saabs :)

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
nice pics! I took a couple after meeting Burnside, but I didn't stay too long. My wife was getting pretty tired from walking. (Her due date is Tuesday, so I was just glad she could join me in my obsession...)

Hey, I saw a silver WRX parked up the hill...was that you and the BF?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes that was the bf's STi!

I dragged him to the show as well..had a great time there!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
SG, if that's your ragtop, then we definitely saw it ! The wheels are amazing, better up close than in the pics. (I even got The Boss to agree, so I might be looking at some ASA 18s next summer 8) )

HIDSPG, a funny story about that car: That SPG was pretty tricked out but a little too much for my taste. Huge bass cabinet in the trunk. It had a custom air suspension that put it about an inch off the ground. There's no possible use for that except to look good at shows, since the batteries and pneumo jackers are heavy and you can't really run with them. My wife didn't understand why the kid had a Nintendo system in it until I explained the whole ICE thing....

She said: "There's only one letter's difference between ICE and rice...."

Now maybe she'll let me put a 3" downpipe on her 97 900 Turbo.....

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
well here's my pics: SCD 2004

I rode up with Delorean since my car was still angry at me from Saabtoberfest :oops: . Had a good time, hopefully next year i can drive my own car there, and maybe then we'll know how to get to the place too :roll: damn crazy town, roads make no sense.

Anyway, thanks again for the ride Delorean, it was....umm....swift :shock: :lol:

Paul

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes mike that is my vert...shes shaping up slowly...exhaust, tint, rims, springs, grill, side indicators.....

Thanks very much for the compliments on the rims..they're great! no complaints so far!

·
7,595 Posts
yep, we got there quick, not quite as fast getting back. :lol: you should have spead up a little there Paul :twisted: After BS and I left your house on the way back to PA, we made some really good time again. Seems I can still make 130 MPH running base boost only! :lol: going to have to look at that MAM, I think it was still causing trouble even at base boost.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Awesome - I'll TRY to get the few that I took up asap - but it was great meeting all of you who've i've never met - Saabchic, Zach, mike saunders and a few others I think - just forget. We'll hafta get you all to come down my way for a few meets now (Winter Time). Boston's roads simply sucked - but it was Well worth it getting to SCD. GREAT turn out! Awesome array of Saab's - my favorite is unknown, but next to Jess's convert would be that black c900 Convert with the dual vent hood, the louvers in the hood and greatful dead Saab logo - that car was clean and neat. So many nice ones too - btw - my actual mileage now is 285,879 (blast! I need to drive a few circles :p ) Trip was 804 miles in 2 days of driving for DeLorean and myself.
The drive home from pauls (about 155 miles) took me 7 Worthers Originals (or 2 hours and 15 minutes) to get home.... I tend to drive faster when I don't have asshole giving me the high beams constantly.... thanks paul for cutting off all those cars so they could be pissed at me when i followed! lol :lol:
Anyways... off to bed!

·
Registered
115 Posts
No 9-5's?? Haha if someone can post up some pics of them that would be great;)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Cool pictures.

I will have to go to SCD one of these years. Was thinking of going this year but got a nice LARGE install-fest on a WRX I couldn't refuse the $$.

Anyone have pics of cars or faces to go with usernames on this site they could post??

Ian

·
User
9,193 Posts
Well, I took 119 pictures, so enjoy! :) .... It was good meeting some new people such as Saabchic, Jeff Shore, and some others..... It was a great turnout! I almost fell asleep on the way home though.... Note to self... get more than 2 hours of sleep prior to events... lol. I had a great time and it was cool to hang out with Jeff S, Jeff H, and Paul..... Need to do it more often :) Fun weekend! And Jeff S, sorry for the flashing of the high beams, but you almost missed your exit! lol... glad to know everyone made it home safe. here are the pics!

http://www.saabinonline.com/gallery/scd2004

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
man i like the rear of that vert :wink:

great pics... and again i am sooooo sorry i didnt go :oops: ... i wish i had now... after seein all those pics... mostly the one with u in it :twisted:

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Excellent pics. I should be able to come to a couple meets since I'll be on the East coast this spring. I'll be D.C., so you all better get ready :twisted:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Here's the few I took before my batteries kicked...

I also have a 8mm recording of the cars - about 15 minutes of walking around outside and inside the Museum. Eventually I will get the card for my PC to digitalize it.... :lol:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
great pics guys!

Thanks for the compliments on my car :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts