Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The following article was on the front page of the Lancaste, PA morning paper - dated 12/18/2010 - while I have not really decided how I feel about what this kid did, I have had several phone calls from friends who know that I drive SAAB's. The article states that the car is about 5-years old, but does not state if a 9-3 or a 9-5. I drive this road 3-4 times each week, I have had many cars pass me when I was cruising at 80-mph. This one might have been a little too much . . .

Thought you might also like to read the article . . .

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/325550

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have thought about this and I also would have to vote for stupidity.

However with that being said, I also have to say when I was 25+ years younger, I would often work late at my office. Sometimes leaving around 2am for the 40-minute drive to my home. Occasionally and I say only occasionally, I would push the car just a bit. There was no one else on the road, I was alone and somehow the speedo would hit 110 or so and I would then back off that and finish the cruise at a more reasonable speed. So you could say that I was also stupid ! But then, I was nowhere close to 158.1-mph !

·
Registered
43 Posts
That figure of 158 MPH seems a bit overinflated. At night, and on what does not appear to be a superhighway? With four passengers? No way.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
That figure of 158 MPH seems a bit overinflated. At night, and on what does not appear to be a superhighway? With four passengers? No way.
Its possible, especially if its been modded.

On that note, i vote for absolute stupidity. For reasons: One being that he had car load of 3 other people in the car that he had no regard for their life, and going that fast, one little thing could of sent the car out of control and they all would of been killed instantly. Second,to agree to be in a car with someone with no experience to try and max out the car's top speed is stupid as hell. Third, why the fuck would you let your friend run your saab at speeds like that??? why??? what the hell man? And lastly " It was dark, so you couldnt really see how fast you were going. But you do see this stuff rushing by. It didnt really give you an adrenaline rush." Im not even going to comment that........

This kid was basicaly slapped on the hand for this, so you know he's going to go out and do it again! Its a shame.

But i remember when i was that age, i did ALOT of stupid shit. Alot of it i shouldnt be alive after or i should be locked up in jail for.

And you all know you were the same way.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
But i remember when i was that age, i did ALOT of stupid shit. Alot of it i shouldnt be alive after or i should be locked up in jail for.

And you all know you were the same way.
I am that age, and I am not the same way. Why would I endanger the lives of 3 other people pushing my car "to it's limit"? I can agree that people do stupid things when they are younger, but don't throw everyone in the same boat as this guy or yourself.

That being said, repost, but still a good read the 3rd time.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Rumor has it a stage 3/4ish automatic 93 can well peg the speedo on a highway...

(and yes, it's stupid - even with suspension sorted, you start getting MAJOR amounts of lift @ around 135 or so.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Rumor has it a stage 3/4ish automatic 93 can well peg the speedo on a highway...

(and yes, it's stupid - even with suspension sorted, you start getting MAJOR amounts of lift @ around 135 or so.
I can attest that my automatic ng900 pegged the speedo, but that was a once in a life time scare fest. And that was with all the suspension upgrades dialed in, took the fun out of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts