Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be dropping my tranny after Thanksgiving and installing a performance clutch. I just wanted to know ahead of time if you all would be interested in seeing a tutorial on this. Of course with pictures 8)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Don't forget to overhaul the rear seals and refill with the Saab synthetic gear lube. You might want to take this opportunity to flush the gearbox first... Think of all those metal shavings sitting at the bottom of the case from all those missed shifts... :oops:

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'll go ahead and do the tutorial.

I'll be replacing the shaft seals and throwout bearing, and adding a Spec Clutch from Taliaferro, as well as Viggen Pressure Plate and resurfacing the flywheel. Pictures will also come.

Wish me luck. The tranny comes down tommorrow evening. 8)

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Done. The tranny is out. My friend took some pictures during the drop, and after. My clutch was GONE!!! Tommorrow I'm getting the new performance clutch put in, as well as the Viggen pressure plate. I'll take pictures of the everything else then :twisted:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
So i'll assume you'll do a write up with the pictures as soon as you get a chance? I'm interested in the pictures given I had done my clutch recently on the 87 9000T and that was very interesting (I have pics too) JUst curious how the NG900 varries sub frame wise and all. Looking FWD to it those pics ;)

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts