Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone built an exhaust using parts off a webiste that sells sections of mandrel bent. I do not have a mandrel bending muffler shop locally, that I would use. I would piece it together from the DP back.. I am looking for angles and radii of bends. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Just buy like 3 U-bends from Summit or wherever and like 6 feet of straight pipe, some hangers and some clamps and you should be good to go. Cut segments off the U bends to make the angles you need, you may not need all of them, but then you have some extra to mess up the angles, and to experiment where it curves up and over the rear axle.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
yeah all you need is like 4 feet of straight pipe and a couple U bends. You'd be surprised how many angles you can make off a U bend. I have a custom turboback, 3" SS downpipe and 2.5" alum. steel catback. Came out MUCH cheaper than buying an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
I think JK had a write-up about his custom built downpipe. It may have been for a 9000 but I seem to remember some very useful information in there.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I think JK had a write-up about his custom built downpipe. It may have been for a 9000 but I seem to remember some very useful information in there.
He has also made them for 9-3's, as I have one on my car.

He basically started with several pieces of straight pipe and "U" pipe from Summit and just cut what he needed and welded it together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts