Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P1251 & P1260 code faults registered on my 2001 9-5 2.3 LPT. What do I need to do? Buy new Throttle body? Motor runs fine except when doing a constant 60-70 mph it will occasionally cut out. Once stopped it starts up again without any problem.

Also occasionally the ABS & all warning lights come on & the speedo dies. It will then come back on line after 10-15 mins. Is this just the ABS module slowly packing up? The same thing happened on my old 1999 9-5 Aero but the speedo was always off line.

N

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
I just had a speedo coming on and off issue (also ABS and brake lights) and the ABS computer needed to be rebuilt.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
P1251 & P1260 code faults registered on my 2001 9-5 2.3 LPT. What do I need to do? Buy new Throttle body? Motor runs fine except when doing a constant 60-70 mph it will occasionally cut out. Once stopped it starts up again without any problem.

Also occasionally the ABS & all warning lights come on & the speedo dies. It will then come back on line after 10-15 mins. Is this just the ABS module slowly packing up? The same thing happened on my old 1999 9-5 Aero but the speedo was always off line.

N
Welcome to the Link!!!
ABS module and have it rebuilt for 200 bucks from BBA-remanufacturing. You can drive the car while its out.

You need a new throttle body too

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Welcome! As said above - send to BBA reman for ABS ECU to be rebuilt (otherwise there was a guy on e-bay doing them for less - works, but no warranty past 3 months and it looks sloppy.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts