Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so how do you know if the gas cap is bad ?? im get this evap large leak code now after my 3'' exhaust install on my viggen. .reset it a few times.. purge valve seems to be working fine. . i did notice the green cap on the purge valve vac line a little loose could this have caused the code to go on ? but all the lines to the throttle body and fuel neck seem to be in good shape.

lets hope ill give it a few days.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
The easy way to check the gas cap (what I do) is pull it off, and suck on the end that threads into the filler neck - there's a check valve in there, and it should be pretty difficult to make the check valve 'pop' so you can inhale through the cap, it has to hold a little bit of vacuum when the purge valve drops the tank pressure.

If you can suck air through it really easily it's bad.

Drew

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
It doesn't taste good, that's for sure, but probably not as un-healthy as a weekend in Atlantic City.

Try to make the suction with your cheeks and mouth, rather than getting a big lung-full, but that takes practice....

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha ill try not to inhale . . but it sounds like its worth a shot and easy to do. . i hope it is the gas cap i cant stand running on base boost .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts