Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has one on here know how or have already put a write up on how to over ride the fog light cut out or re-wire it so that the fogs stay on wether you have your low beam or high beams on?

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
This is actually possible with some tech 2 work. My car is like this now, because the dealer put it on the wrong setting when I asked them to allow the fogs to be on with just the parking lights.

Other wise you could get creative with a jumper from the high beam relay. However you will need to use Diodes to prevent back feeding the high or low beam filaments.

Having it done via tech 2 is safer.

With all that said, I'm not sure why you would want your fogs on with the High Beams.

I hardly use the fogs as is, and when I do I can't stand that they stay on with the high beams.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I have my fogs on with parking, lows and high beams.

The guy at the local Saab indy set it that way with the techII when he was programing keys for me and I love it.

I drive everywhere with my fogs on.

I also recommend having them set the trunk to "never lock" for time. It only locks when you lock the car and once you unlock/open it it will stay unlocked. I also like that.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
^yes. I forgot to have that one done as well.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
You ought to see my customer's Saab's - I have set the fogs to stay on with the highbeams as mentioned and in addition installed hella 500's Amber at his request. The light output on his 2 Saab's crazy - and he uses them all. He has hit a few deer, and I'm not sure all the lights actually help him or not, but they do piss off on-coming cars well. lol

Tech 2 is you best way to customize your cars features and settings.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
fog+parking is euro light setting, IIRC
fogs + highbeams is foglight II, I think?

jonesy did mine in the wagon a while back, and I love having it set that way.
I drive with parking lights+fogs a majority of the time.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah well i have yellow 100w bulbs in the fogs and 80/100w hi and lows so therye pretty bright, but i want them brighter. definately gonna keep the truck lock in mind too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts