Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a pair of replacement outer window scrapers for my two-door c900 from Skandix, and wanted to see if anyone has any advice / tips on removing the old ones and installing the replacements. I pulled up the corners and can see some tabs, but don't want to damage the door by taking them out incorrectly. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I've never used the Skandix ones. I've always just replaced the whole molding and sweep as a unit. I assume you'll have to take the the molding and sweep off the car, install the new sweep on the molding, and then reinstall on the car. The old molding and sweep can just be pulled upward to get it off. just be careful that you don't bend all to hell the aluminum molding as you do it.

When reinstalling, peel back the rubber flap where it overlaps the molding on the outside and put a large flat-bladed screwdriver on top of each clip and tap it down into place. You'll need to tap each one down a little bit and move across, then go back and tap them each down a little more until they are all fully seated. Don't try to fully seat each clip at once. Definitely don't try hitting the moldng/sweep on without peeling the flap back to get at the clips, you'll damage it for sure.

·
10,303 Posts
I did these, the instructions on townsend said to pop the mirror trim. Can't remember why, but do that, take the door panel off, remove window, use flat screw driver to pry them up and swap clips and install.

http://townsendimports.com/Web/body_folder/winscratchpg1.htm

I can't find the exact link to the instructions I used.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips. I was hoping I wouldn't have to drop the window, but that's not too big of a deal. I'll take some photos and post for the next person that does this.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Instead of using a bare screw driver, I got a piece of rubber hose, put a wooden dowel into and used it as the fulcrum.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I just checked out the new Skandix website to order a couple more, and apparently they charge 65 euro for shipping to the U.S. now! Anyone know of an alternate source or P/N?
Edit: Answered my own question by going to the Skandix USA site instead (doh!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts