Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as some of you might have noticed, it is August and PaulH, DeLorean and I have not been around on the boards as much as usual.

Uh oh.

Now, in past Augusts, that's meant something like this:

Or this:

Not this year.

Instead of seeking adventure on the road, we decided to find a more secure facility for the fleet and ourselves. So we bought a homestead outside of Reading, Penna.

No. Really.

So...it's a fairly large, built-on house. There are a fair number of bathrooms (used to be 11 in the house, decommissioned the two newest discoveries over the weekend), six-ish bedrooms, five kitchens and two bars.

It also has some garages:

And a Quonset hut (forklift not shown)!

Now, it needs a bit of work, to be sure. The previous owners seemingly threw nothing away. Nothing.

But we're definitely keeping the sparkly ceiling...

And the lift:

(that's my 9-3 on it's inaugural run)

And I've already put the oven to good use. ;)

·
Registered
800 Posts
Wow. I'm passing through the area in a few weeks, I must stop by the compound.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Saw pictures a couple weeks ago and it still cracks me up how big this place is. FIVE kitchens? Epic.

Congrats guys/gal.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Saw pictures a couple weeks ago and it still cracks me up how big this place is. FIVE kitchens? Epic.

Congrats guys/gal.
Thanks! Three of those kitchens are within steps of each other, literally steps. We're slowly piecing together the rationale regarding the planning/lack thereof of the house from neighbors and others. It's puzzling, confusing, confounding and complicated.

But, after a lot of wrangling with the banks, it's ours. Or will be after many mortgage payments. ;)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Dang, welcome to the area. I think i was talking to Paul about him moving to the area... or maybe it was Jeff, i donno, that place is f'in massive....

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
That place is sweet! I can't imagine a better place for all the cars and parts you guys have, I can't wait to see how it ends up.

Are you still moving in or are you there already? I'm pretty much free the next couple of weekends and I could help you move in and check the place out if you need help.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
That place is sweet! I can't imagine a better place for all the cars and parts you guys have, I can't wait to see how it ends up.

Are you still moving in or are you there already? I'm pretty much free the next couple of weekends and I could help you move in and check the place out if you need help.
Still filling up dumpsters/moving cars, etc. Stop on by, but you might get put to work!

Paul

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Might? Will. But you'll be fed cheesecake and other delicacies, so that should make up for the forced labor.
Yeah, and if you find something you want, you can take it home...rather, you have to take it home....:lol:

Paul

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, and if you find something you want, you can take it home...rather, you have to take it home....:lol:

Paul
Yes. *nods*

Also, for Tweek (wherever you are these days), do not fret...there's plenty of Jesus in this new place, too.

Alas, The Last Supper did not stay with the house:

But, we got a parking spot set aside fer ya when ya visit:

1 - 20 of 288 Posts