Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Putting a big turbo on a small displacement engine was your idea?

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Go start shit somewhere else.

·
10,303 Posts
If you stumbled accross it today, you are 4 years late to the party. I'm so ready to unlock this thread and see where it goes.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Done. This dude's PMs are so thoughtless I hope he gets flamed into oblivion.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Geese guys, settle down. His only point was that no one has done the large T3 version, the gt3071R with larger 60mm wheel, everyone has always used the gt3071gt smallest turbo, no one had ever done the largest gt3071R with tial vband like that.

It does look a little strange since he did this exact same set-up he just did two weeks ago and he was the first using that turbo afaik.

He was just pointing out that since he posted up this set-up on his car, a very short time later, someone else decides to run the exact same set-up.

No big deal, just an observation in my opinion,

John

·
10,303 Posts
I think the naturaly evolution on turbocharged cars is to see what you can do to put bigger and bigger turbos on them, untill the intake force is so great a black hole is created.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
My question is who the fuck cares? Imitation/flattery/etc.

This is basically OMG SOMEONE WORE THE SAME DRESS TO THE PARTY.

I think the naturaly evolution on turbocharged cars is to see what you can do to put bigger and bigger turbos on them, untill the intake force is so great a black hole is created.
Maybe that's where all the money is going in Trollhattan. They were working on a turbo so big, so powerful, it sucked the funding right out of the company.

·
10,303 Posts
The best is when another member uses your pic as his avatar cause he is upset that you banned some asshat. That is when you have hit the top of the mountain.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
yllwJet said:
never tried making a big deal out of it until u blew it out of proportion by taking a stab at me and then closed the thread.
by creating this thread, you weren't taking a stab at someone else?

figured id share the building process of my car but didnt realize how personal a simple comment can be to some ppl.
you didn't share anything here directly related to your build -- just your pettiness after someone else used the same combination of parts.

byesies!

·
Registered
581 Posts
jk88 - never tried making a big deal out of it until u blew it out of proportion by taking a stab at me and then closed the thread.

like john said, i thought it was kinda funny how the same exact setup was used right after i just finished it. but whatever. at least someone understood what i was saying.

after seeing how u guys act like babies im just done with this forums bullshit. figured id share the building process of my car but didnt realize how personal a simple comment can be to some ppl.
i enjoy your posts on this fourm. learned a bunch from you. with fourms you have to understand your not going to like everyone just like real world. dont give up because two people. more enjoy your posts than dislike.

and simply put some people are jelly. they been around and you come out of nowwhere with there dream daily setup. i give you props and nice ride. future saab of the month or euro centerfold

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
just delete this thread already than. your ridiculous

i wasnt taking stabs at anyone, no names were used and nothing offensive was said. you blew this way out of proportion :th_thumbsdownsmiley
your stab was implied and you used the pronoun "he", referring to the poster of the FB pic. don't backpedal and play the victim now, bud. if you're going to start shit, you best be prepared to have people call you on it.

i locked it to save us all this trouble. you bitched and moaned, so we opened it back up. now you want it deleted? plus i thought you were leaving, so what do you care?

PS - it's "you're"...

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Is this guy seriously bothered that someone else did the same mod he just did?

A piece of advice from a guy who's been there: Enjoy it. The fact that you tried something and it worked, and now other enthusiasts are joining in? That should make you happy.

I've wasted tons of hours and dollars trying new and unique setups on my vert... sometimes, the end result was a solution that hadn't been done before in the Saab community. I share my successes and failures, and others can benefit from my work, gratis. We all share and contribute here to as a collective, make our cars better. And I guarantee I've spent more money and time on my project than you have - I don't care if people copy me, quite the opposite actually, I hope they do! I've tried, failed and succeeded so many times on wheel widths, offsets and suspension setups that I certainly hope other Saabers will take my lessons learned and run with them! I don't claim to know it all, and I don't claim to have invented the wheel either. But the contributions we share create a positive effect in the community which makes all of our cars better.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
so to that get off your moderator high horse and get a life.
No. You go and get bent.

Every time someone does something to a car, I can pretty much say 99% of the time, it's been done before.

So because you arranged some turbo trinkets in a slightly different configuration than someone else on the internet you are a pioneer or something?

Uhh, no.

However, you should still like your car. What Iron Joe said is 100% truth.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Wait, people bought the same brand and model car that I bought? Those fucking bastards.
Think about it, we advance the degree of knowledge we have of the SAAB by imitating others and improving from there. Either our improvements work or we try something either completely new or something that someone else has done that works.

1 - 20 of 198 Posts