Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered from Crutchfield. I'm doing the front 3.5"s, and back 4"s & 6x9"s. Hopefully, it will get a little warmer so I can actually put them in.

This is what i got:
Infinity Reference 6952i 6"x9" 2-way Speakers
Infinity Reference 3002cf 3-1/2" 2-way Speakers
JBL GTO425 4" 2-way Speakers

I think I'll change the 4" center, too, but I'm waiting to find something that fits on eBay. I believe it has to be 1 5/8 mounting depth, correct?

Unless someone here has an extra that they want to sell?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'd like your comments on the effect of changing the 3.5 in the dash. I think that will be my last change to the audio. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I hope you're prepared to know you just got reamed on prices.

the speakers you payed $60 on crutchfield are on ebay for $9.99 right now; $35 from discounjungle.net

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Well at least he has a warranty or something :wink:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Castor Troy said:
I hope you're prepared to know you just got reamed on prices.

the speakers you payed $60 on crutchfield are on ebay for $9.99 right now; $35 from discounjungle.net
I had a Crutchfield gift certificate. Cost me $17 for a 3 pairs

So tell me how I bet that deal? :lol:

And I seriously doubt that any of those speakers were going new for 10 bucks.

Beleieve me, one thing I know how to do is shop on the internet

·
Registered
87 Posts
Jet,

Get those speakers installed yet?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JNGold said:
Jet,

They just arrived yesterday. Hopefully I can install them this weekend, but I'm not freezing my ass off to do it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jet 9-3 said:
JNGold said:
Jet,

They just arrived yesterday. Hopefully I can install them this weekend, but I'm not freezing my ass off to do it
Installed the speakers over the weekend. Really makes a big difference. Disconnected the stock tweeters - don't need them with coaxial apeakers to replace the 3.5's 9in the front and 4"'s in the back. And the 6x9's add a little more bass. Stock 6.5" door speakers sound a bit better to me now too- I think any muddy sound was coming from the front. I'll also replace the front center speaker, just didn't get it yet. Some pitfalls with getting to certain screws, but the whole thing took me about 4 1/2 hours. Not bad. Worth the investment

1 - 10 of 10 Posts