Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this filter is pre-oiled from the factory? or do I need to oil it before install.

sorry for the dumb question, don't wanna over-oil it and gunk up the MAF sensor.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's a little greasy around the base, must be oiled...

"Already at the factory we charge the filter with a special oil of blue colour. "
jrfilters.com

I guess that answers my question.....

thanks for the help. how often do you need to clean it? Damn instructions are all in Swedish!
:roll: :lol:

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nick to the rescue! Thanks...

hopefully I have time to slap this bad boy on my car this weekend, can't wait!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Let me know if you need any help. (although it's pretty easy)
I've installed a couple of them now......
once on my 2000
then on my 2001 when my 2000 was wrecked :evil:
I'll probably be around this weekend.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2k193turbo said:
Let me know if you need any help. (although it's pretty easy)
I've installed a couple of them now......
once on my 2000
then on my 2001 when my 2000 was wrecked :evil:
I'll probably be around this weekend.
did you remove your resonator box thing?

Thanks for the offer for help, PM me your number so I know how to get a hold of you if I do encounter trouble.

unfortunately I cannot offer you a ride in the stage 1 until spring, i have my stock ECU in because I got my studded snows on just yesterday, preparing for the white stuff that is supposed to come this weekend... the maptun box would shred my snows in like 2 days. they are very very soft and are not made for "performance" but I gotta say they RULE in the worst possible winter driving conditions.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
easy install, much easier than I expected. Although trying to get my hands into the small space to unmount the airbox and resonator thing were tricky.

now I can actually hear my BPV recirculate the boost, sounds like a BOV but much more tame--defintely not the RFL kind! :lol: my girlfriend has already started to go "pssssshhh!" at me when we are driving around if she is unhappy with how fast i am going... :roll: :lol: kind of telling me to let off the throttle...so it will "pssshh" :oops: :lol:

the blue JR filter looks sweet next to my new "acid blue" hyperboost HX.
8)

i think I may get my new octopus bar done in a similar "viggen" blue or candy blue as well.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I figured, the filter is blue, so i got the blue valve. And the most common engine dress up color is red, so another reason to go blue.

actually, I will be leaving most stuff stock black but do some blue accents like the strut bar, some silicone hosing when the rubber dries out....and I have some carbon fiber accents planned as well to tie in the look with my cf interior....

at some point when I get new brakes I am going to have the calipers powder coated Viggen blue as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts