Saab Link banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finishing my exhaust as soon as I can pick out a tip. I really like the style of this one.

I would paint the yellow part black btw. Also, Since I'm only going with one small muffler instead of including a res, I thought this tip might be a good choice because it claims to be resonated. What do you think? I'd also consider any similar looking tips if you know of any.

*needs 3'' Inlet*

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I am not sure how restrictive that design is or how effective it may be, but prepare for the ricer yellow exhaust comments haha. I personally do not like twin single exhaust tips on these cars at all or on a lot of other cars but if you really need to tone the sound down and these are your only viable option, try them out.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol well like i said, I'll definitely be painting the yellow part black right away. I imagine it would be slightly more restrictive than most other options but I'm probably never going to see more than 250whp on my car so it's not an issue. this is kind of the look i'm going for:

What else is out there that I might like?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea u guys are right but I don't really have many options. This is a better one but not the right size.

It's gotta have a 3'' inlet right? I'm really sick of the plain old boring oval or round tip. The dual exit came stock on the v6 model is it's just better looking in my opinion. Can anyone help me find what i'm looking for?

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
i have a dual tip sitting in my room, that is 2.5 inlet so you would just need a reducer. rolled edges, in black. you can have it for cheap if youd like.

i went through this there are not a ton of decent 3 inch inlet tips

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you post a pic, I might be interested. Also, what can you tell me about a reducer? simple weld on?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
The twin slashcut tips is a very Italian sort of look - I like it just fine, but on a 9-5 it will just look to me like V6 model, and I groan every time I see one of those things.

Best,
Drew

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Can you post a pic, I might be interested. Also, what can you tell me about a reducer? simple weld on?
SIZE: Height 3.25" X Width 6.75" X Length 9.5"

reducer yes would be simple weld on.

pm me if you want it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I don't think it's ricey at all. It's like the Monza exhausts you can get for old VWs, very classic Italian and sporty.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think it's ricey at all. It's like the Monza exhausts you can get for old VWs, very classic Italian and sporty.
it is a monza tip. Monza Pacesetter or something.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Wow Monza...dont ever buy anything Monza...I think its made in the Ghettos of Italy...LOL. I had a MONZA on my VW Karmann Ghia and it was a terrible Exhaust system and I switched to a "glass pack"...I highly recommend going to a good exhaust shop, some of those welders are like gods with exhaust systems...I watched my friend a few weeks ago make an exhaust for a BMW M3 that was a work of art...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a MONZA on my VW Karmann Ghia and it was a terrible Exhaust system and I switched to a "glass pack"
Don't forget that the Monza in question is only an exhaust TIP, not an exhaust system.

·
Registered
231 Posts
SIZE: Height 3.25" X Width 6.75" X Length 9.5"

reducer yes would be simple weld on.

pm me if you want it.
That would be my choice if it's not obscenely large. I like the rolled tips and the black inner walls with the holes. It's tough to get an idea on size though... my friend ordered something that looked like that online and when he put it on his car it turned out to be HUGE.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that one fits just perfectly in a viggen bumper cutout.
I'm still looking for an angle cut, but that is my second choice. can you pm me an asking price?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I went through this and ended up with a Factory Aero Tip -
about 3.5" diameter - I had to weld a bung to the tail pipe to attach it and I rotated the tip 90* to give the side angle appearance. Source - 2005 9-2X Aero Cost $42 plus tax

Result:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i give in. I'll take yours. paypal? I could send u $ tomorrow afternoon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts