Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I pick this up next week, I'm pretty excited:

2002 WRX wagon, with a 2003 tranny. 92k on it.

It has a 3" downpipe, STI springs, open source road tune, new tokico shocks, and fresh all-seasons. Going to add a full exhaust (how can I not, they sound awesome) and then leave it alone. Maybe.

Oh, and a roof rack for the bikes. Maybe summer wheels/tires if I find a good deal. Yellow fog covers too. And I'm repainting the front bumper. Maybe do the hood scoop in black too. Maybe the wheels as well.

I can see how this is going to go already.

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked. I have wanted one since I first read about the WRX in 1997 or so, now I get to drive one to work.

AWDLOL comments here.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Awesome choice. I've long wanted the same car (just not in white)

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome choice. I've long wanted the same car (just not in white)
I dig the white. I have seen exactly one other WRX wagon in white around here. I like the silver is nice, and even the yellow is pretty ok too. I'm just glad it's not WR blue. Everyone has those. :)

My fav. is the red (crappy picture)

You hardly see those anywhere, and it's a really nice shade of red.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I like the blue, but yeah, everyone has them.
That red is nice. I recall maybe a burnt orange color that was nice I saw one in a few years ago.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Great score Andy, I have a real soft spot for Subarus and you can stuff whatever the heck you feel like into the back of that thing and still have a fun car at the end of the day. I will bet a penny to a dollar that you will not stop with just an exhaust, you know how it is...

Was the bath towel wash an added bonus to the deal? :lol:

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats on the WRX, Andy. I hope it treats you well.

Does this mean the SPG is sold?
Thanks, I hope it does too! The 86 is not sold, this was just too good a deal to pass up.

Great score Andy, I have a real soft spot for Subarus and you can stuff whatever the heck you feel like into the back of that thing and still have a fun car at the end of the day. I will bet a penny to a dollar that you will not stop with just an exhaust, you know how it is...

Yeah, I was really looking for a wagon. I was looking at 2004 Forester XT's as well, but finding those in manuals is pretty hard.

The bath towel wash was free.:rolleyes:

I already told the wife not to plan anything for one full day next weekend, it will be getting a full detail, in and out. I'm even renting a carpet shampooer gadget.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Nice! Get some Saab bumpers and paint those wheels purple! lol I seriously saw an Outback or impreza wagon yesterday - white car, purple wheels - what the hell is wrong with Subauru owners....

Is the 2003 trans an upgrade or just a statement that the original failed so it's all fixed now?

Good Find!

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
i hate bugeyes... idk what it is about them... they're just ugly...

but i'd drive the shit out of one!

Looks pretty good in white. Thats what i keep my eyes open for as well, but manual wagons are like hens teeth most places

·
Registered
10,049 Posts

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
While you're parts shopping look for some seats that aren't as shitty as the OEM ones. Those seats are a big reason I walked away from the 9-2X Subie clone. Paper thin and no support whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
a good friend has one of those..... descent car

He was shocked by how much slower he is compared to my stock viggen (he's since done a COBB III setup) & also how small the interior/hatch is compared to my car. Finally MPG is quite a bit worse........

But the chassis is so many times superior to the old saab's

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Nice pickup andy! White is the best color for these. All you need now is the classic cartoony "WRX" script from the JDM GC8 rex.

Fuuuu. I've told the current owner of my new car to NOT wash it, don't wax it, don't do anything! Please don't add any more swirls than there are already.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts