Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep:

2002 330I. Picking it up tomorrow. Traded in the TL, got a good price for both. Since we are not selling our house anytime soon, and the TL is too big for the tuck-under garage, we decided to move on to something a bit smaller.

Pictures:

Yes, it's an auto. I like having an automatic car in the stable. Also, I can't get over how clean this thing is. I could not find a SINGLE dent on the outside, and the insides are just as clean. There is not even any curbing on the wheels!

Also, I6 engines sound glorious.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
You got a great car! Looks clean and loaded. The auto is definitely good to have for certain occasions. I considered one of these awhile back when I was in my "iwantabmw phase." I looked at 1999-2004 3-series and 5-series and the only models that really caught my interest, besides the M3 of course, were the 330i/330xi and the 540i. Both offered great performance, and the 540i was my favorite, but the mileage and maintenance costs weren't good at all for it. Considering such, the 330 definitely seemed like the best choice for those with the $$$. Enjoy it!

·
Super Moderator
6,726 Posts
Sweet auto..... *** LOLOL

Looks good, you should have a homeless man orgy in the back.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Less miles, but two years older. If you have a kid, you'll miss the space in the back of the TL.

Aren't you too poor to afford the maintenance on a BMW?*

Thats why the gas tank is empty, isn't it? You had to buy two quarts of oil and now you're broke?*

Do you even own a Saab anymore?

Fucking traitor.*

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Meh, kids. Not for a while. Plus we have my WRX. That's fine for the kidlets.

I won't miss the massive size of the TL, let me tell you that. The vision out the rear is garbage.

I am a traitor***

The 86 is in storage. n00bs.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I thought you sold the 900?

But a rear facing car seat takes up a ton of room. My wife had to put the passenger seat almost all the way forward in my 9-3. I can't imagine that a WRX has more rear seat room than a 9-3.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought you sold the 900?

But a rear facing car seat takes up a ton of room. My wife had to put the passenger seat almost all the way forward in my 9-3. I can't imagine that a WRX has more rear seat room than a 9-3.
Nope, still have it.

To clarify: I'm not worried about room for kids at all, in any of my cars.

I like the color.
Thanks! you don't see many of them around.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
OK, so kids are not in your short term plans.

I like the 3 series, and that is a nice color. What's the color called?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Love those rims. A friends of mine has one in white. Pretty nice cars!

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Congrats! I know it's your wifes car but welcome to the BMW club. Stay away from bimmerforums unless you're looking for parts but I'm sure you know that already. I think it's time for a BMW section on here btw :p make it happen palmy

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like the 3 series, and that is a nice color. What's the color called?
Oxford Green. It's actually pretty metallic, I'll try and get some pictures.

Congrats! I know it's your wifes car but welcome to the BMW club. Stay away from bimmerforums unless you're looking for parts but I'm sure you know that already. I think it's time for a BMW section on here btw :p make it happen palmy
Ha, I think I'm pushing it with the all the Miata stuff.

That looks damn comfy. Nice ride, Palmy!
Thanks! I have some maintenance to do, then I hope it's as boring as the TL was when it came to needing work.

I was iffy on the wheels because they look like a PITA to clean, but they pass the all-important "finger test" so we are good to go: (also, that's the only rash on the wheels, amazing that I got a picture of it)

I wonder how the dust is going to be...

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Oh no. I just thought of something. Does this mean spgproject's wifey needs a BMW, too? He's already trying to score a Miata.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts