Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm carless and I'm looking to test drive cars tommorow, and hopefully buy next weekend. I was going to buy my parents vw wolfsburg, but that fell through

Here's my options

17k ceiling
Its going to be my daily driver
Close to 50k miles

What I've been considering...mkv gti, mazdaspeed3, maybe a civic si

Any input is appreciated

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
ford focus becuase it gets really good mpg and sync is sweet.... yes the car is not cool and its deff not fast but its a safe reliable car... and you can get a brand new one for that price... or go a year or two old and have money left for some styling q's

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I would steer clear of the Si personally, they just aren't a match to the rest of your list. My vote is still for a Z! Even with the 350z, you get so much bang for the buck and a tastefully modified one with reasonable miles is easily found under $17k. What about:

-2005/6 Pontiac GTO
-BMW E39 540i w/6mt
-Subie WRX
-350Z

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
I would steer clear of the Si personally, they just aren't a match to the rest of your list. My vote is still for a Z! Even with the 350z, you get so much bang for the buck and a tastefully modified one with reasonable miles is easily found under $17k. What about:

-2005/6 Pontiac GTO
-BMW E39 540i w/6mt
-Subie WRX
-350Z
You should change your user name to Zfanboi :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I just test drove a 04 350z and really like it besides the lack of space. My girlfriend isn't on the Z wagon. I'm going right now to test drive the gti, then hopefully drive a speed3 as well

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
You should change your user name to Zfanboi :D
Says the Mfanboi! :rolleyes:
Hirsh gets the zing of the day! I know, I am fast becoming a Z fanboi but I really don't like any other Z cars besides the 370 and the mid '70s 280.

That should be the fee for staying on TSL if you get another car; change the username to *insertbrand*Fanboi.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Says the Mfanboi! :rolleyes:
I'v already submitted a request to change my username to that*

Hirsh gets the zing of the day! I know, I am fast becoming a Z fanboi but I really don't like any other Z cars besides the 370 and the mid '70s 280.

That should be the fee for staying on TSL if you get another car; change the username to *insertbrand*Fanboi.
haha, i have to agree with you though. I'v never been that big of a Z fan apart from the 280s like your self but the 370 is a very very nice car. I haven't had the pleasure of riding in one but i bet its a blast.

It's all in good fun ;)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I'v already submitted a request to change my username to that*

haha, i have to agree with you though. I'v never been that big of a Z fan apart from the 280s like your self but the 370 is a very very nice car. I haven't had the pleasure of riding in one but i bet its a blast.

It's all in good fun ;)
It was such an easy shot, I had to take it. :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Went to two VW dealerships. One didn't have a pre owned GTI or GLI, but the salesman insisted that I test drive the R32, which i didn't complain about. Have to say it was a damn nice car, and rode really well. unfortunately the 28k price tag was out of my reach.

Tested a GTI which I liked thats in my budget, so thats a possibility. Tomorrow I'm taking a look at a Speed3.

Cobalt isn't on my list, I just couldn't drive such an ugly car. Definitely has the performance, but the looks dont do it for me.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Cobalt isn't on my list, I just couldn't drive such an ugly car. Definitely has the performance, but the looks dont do it for me.
If you get it without the big wing it's not that bad. My brother has one with the small(er) wing and while it's still very boy-racer the looks aren't that bad.

However, it is very much track oriented. It is not a car I would want to commute in everyday.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I think I'm settled on this GLI. I'm going on Saturday to Negotiate/buy. While its not a rocket in stock form, it has good potential, and most importantly its practical.
http://www.vwofhartford.com/VehicleDetails/707959133

I'll probably start with the stereo than take this route in modifications:

APR flash
Downpipe
intake
coilovers
roof rack

Hopefully done, but we'll see when the time comes

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.