Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well- this is odd. i was driving the other day and- i looked down and my oil pressure was showing no reading - all the way down. what the hell? it was just fine the other day. i tried the wires going into the gauge, and they are secure, but i dont know whare to look next. when i start the car- it looks like it moves just a little bit and then goes back- like - it flinches. barely. what should i do- i shouldnt drive it right? should i get it towed to a shop-when the nearest saab dealer is in florida nad the car is in mississippi???? help

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
what kind of gauge do you have and how is it wired? ie do you still have the idiot light wired in? cuz if so youd get that if there was a real problem otherwise its just your gauge. Im not really sure what no oil pressure would mean...but if there was no noticeable change in the driving of the car i would be suspicious of the gauge itself....other than that im not sure....although shouldnt the pressure be low at start and get higher as it warms up?

·
7,595 Posts
firstly, make sure it has oil (but I'm sure you did) second, verify that the wire to your oil pressure sensor has simply not fallen off the sender. if this is the case, the oil pressure will read 0. It may flicker at start up, but that's it. the oil pumps in these cars won't simply stop working all of a sudden, so you can be 95% sure that the problem is with either the sender of the gauge or the connection between the 2 of them. I would say if it sounds fine when it's running and you can verify that it's just a problem with the gauge it's safe to drive till you can get it fixed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here are the gauges. pretty nice, i like em. i also put a pic of something on my head cover, that is broken would this black piece not being sealed affect my engine?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts