Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a few months ago i posted about this clicking sound which was solved by a good amount of oil. Well since then i havent changed the oil, i am a bit overdue like 500 miles but that wouldnt make a difference i would think. I have had to put in 1/2 - 2/3 of a quart after i refilled that time, and then just the other day i put a little over a quart into the motor as well just to keep it at a good place on the dipstick. I am going to start checking my oil every time i get gas if not more than that cause i dont wanna kill my engine. But the reason im posting is cause im not finding any puddles under my car at all, and it did drop over a very long period of time so i dont know if it is just burning it or what....please help, thanks

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Oil can only do a two things;
leak (drip) -or- burn (smoke)
If you see no little marks on the ground - seek gasket wet spots and check your rear view at start ups and first few accelerations. You may have a bad VC gasket or something else similar.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Check Head underneath distributor, Worn Rings.
Being a quart low on oil is standerd for most cars when a oil change comes time. No matter how good an engine is theres always Blow BY. If your oil smells like gas you should change it.
I change my oil and filter every 500 to 1000 miles or more often if I'm racing.
This goes for all my cars even without a turbo.

Go Swift, Go Safe, Go Saab

1 - 3 of 3 Posts