Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my car started smoking behind the engine near the Throttle Body (TB). I went and pulled the intake boot at the TB and it has oil in it. I pulled the intake boot at the turbo inlet and it has oil in it. There was a bit of oil all the way to the air filter. That tells me that I've got some ring problems. Agree? What else could it be? Why the smoking at the rear of the engine?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well.. Here is what I know.

I have oil in the intake: At the TB and at the air filter.

My car smokes from the behind the engine or below.. It's coated the area behind the engine and under it. It's intermittent or something. It will smoke alot then stop then it will start again. Leak?

I pulled the PCV and saw no smoke. I stuck my hand over it, revved the engine, and my hand came out clean. Could it be spirting oil under load? Maybe

Where is this oil coming from? I can see the turbo being the culprit if there was no oil on the compressor side, but there is oil at the turbo inlet. Sound normal for turbo? The turbo has been sounding different. Could that also be turbo sucking oil affect the sound?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Take the outside air intake off the turbo and feel how much movement you have on the compressor wheel. I had a completely blown turbo and no oil even made it to my throttle body.... After that, If you find that there's lots of movement, Check oil pressure. I didn't so I spent $500 on an upgraded hybrid turbo that lasted 180 miles before it blew from lack of oil pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts