·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks, Another question, is the glow shift gages any good? Thats the gages they guy used in the tutrial and from what I read they are good budget gages? (I want a boost gage and oil pressure gage to keep track of what my car is doing)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I heard of multiple people complaining of the led's being way to bright at night and way to control the brightness

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm Pretty sure the back light is on separte power connection so you can attach a dimmer to it some how. At least I seen some where in a guide a person do that.

But on other note, whats the presure specifications for saab engine (Platanof said he reads 20psi at idle and 40psi a 2000 rpm) is there info on what PSI oil presure you suppose to get and at what RPM? would make it nice to diagnose early low pressure issues...

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
Yup thats right for the pressures you should see. Ambient temp once warmed up, oil viscosity, and motor wear and tear will add their deviations to what you actually see.

I have my gauge tapped of the factory oil sender location.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So whats the lowest accpetable PSI? if i remeber corectly low pressure light goes off at 6 psi or so, and I read that most saab mechanis will drop the engine the moment it hits 10 psi? Any links that would describe that or any info on that? :confused:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yup thats right for the pressures you should see. Ambient temp once warmed up, oil viscosity, and motor wear and tear will add their deviations to what you actually see.

I have my gauge tapped of the factory oil sender location.
Is it worth the hassle to tap the factor sender? Would you recommend it to someone who has only tapped aluminum a few times?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts