Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What would you do?

17x8, with 215/45 17.

Edit, would possibly be helpful... '96 Aero, stock suspension.

Doubleedit: To not be completely obnoxious, what I'm saying is if you were going to cram some 17x8 wheels under a 9k what would you consider the "right" offset, best compromise between looks and usability.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Im not sure what offset i have but I have 17x8 running 215 45 17. I also have H&R 25mm spacers on the rears. I had to shave down the plastic fenders on the insides. No rubbing even with 2 peeps in the back.

also what adaptors do you have. Hopefully not the ebay specials

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't have adapters yet. Once I decide on their widths Adaptec Speedware will be making them.

Your ability to have 8's and big spacers gives me confidence :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Are you going from 4 to 5 lug or changing the hub size. I was just wondering cause I'm starting to look at wheels and wanted to know the new options for adaption.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I realize they've been around for a long time. I'm trying to find the best options for the adapters so I might be able to find inexpensive used rims instead of being so limited with options.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you going from 4 to 5 lug or changing the hub size. I was just wondering cause I'm starting to look at wheels and wanted to know the new options for adaption.
Both. They're 5x112 with a 73mm hub.

Quick test fit on the '91... plenty of room... ish...

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I dont care what you have for rims I want to know you did for the 4 to 5 lug deal

·
Registered
359 Posts
I shot adaptec an email about what the options are and this is what they said:

For your 4x108 pattern we have two options, our Adaptec Speedware Design I adapter system which allows for a 4 to 4 lug PCD conversion as thin as 15mm with tapped hubs. We can also offer you our Adaptec Speedware Design III 2pc adapter system in a minimum width of 35mm.

The way we achieve this PCD conversion is by first mounting half of the adapter to the vehicle, then mounting the studded second half of the adapter to the first half that is already mounted to the vehicle hub. I've included a photo for you as well to give you a better idea of how it works...

I couldn't get the pic to copy from my email though. Sorry bout that. Looks pretty sweet though. About 200 a pair for the conversion plus shipping.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts