Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought an off-brand steering rack clamp (edit: MP Performance) for cheap off a guy on TSN, pictured below next to the stock clamp.

The only problem, is there is a hard line that goes along the steering rack which blocks this orange beast from fitting in. Has anyone else used this clamp before? How do you install it properly? The Saab it came off of was a '97 I believe, so I don't think there would be any difference in the steering rack, and the installation gallery on GenuineSaab has the same steering rack as my car.

Any ideas? I'd like to be able to use this part lol.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DO NOT USE. I had this on my 97 900 and it cost me a P/S rack. It was too tight and it never fit well. Poor design. Stay away...
That's the exact concern I have about using this clamp...

Take a dremel and fix it...
I actually thought about doing this. Cutting off the upper corner by where that steering rack hard line is would probably let it fit in well. It's worth a shot I guess, although if that doesn't work well, then this clamp is probably worthless to anyone lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
DO NOT USE. I had this on my 97 900 and it cost me a P/S rack. It was too tight and it never fit well. Poor design. Stay away...
What do you mean by too tight?
I thought the clamp is meant to be tight enough to stop the steering rack from moving?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts