Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a used Saab 9-3 year 2000 SE. the check engine light came on- misfire codes, cruise control quit working, driver power seat kept blowing the fuse, air bag light came on, and general warning light red triangle with exclamation mark. All I did was change out the DIC and everything works perfectly now. Is this common for all these issues to happen due to a bad coil???

·
Super Moderator
6,726 Posts
So I just bought a used Saab 9-3 year 2000 SE. the check engine light came on- misfire codes, cruise control quit working, driver power seat kept blowing the fuse, air bag light came on, and general warning light red triangle with exclamation mark. All I did was change out the DIC and everything works perfectly now. Is this common for all these issues to happen due to a bad coil???
No, it's not. Some of those issues will likely pop up again and will perhaps be all related.

·
Super Moderator
6,726 Posts
Cruise control issues on a T7 car are almost always a failing throttle body, seat popping fuse could be dirty/rusty tracks overloading the motor, bad connection, bad seat motor etc. Warning triangle pops up to make you notice some other light or issue (like overheating or CEL).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will check my throttle body. I read a dirty throttle body can cause all sorts of electrical issues. My turbo only works sometimes so I ordered a new bpcv. The airbag light is on so I’m assuming that’s why the red triangle is lit up. No CEL.

·
Super Moderator
6,726 Posts
I will check my throttle body. I read a dirty throttle body can cause all sorts of electrical issues. My turbo only works sometimes so I ordered a new bpcv. The airbag light is on so I’m assuming that’s why the red triangle is lit up. No CEL.
Likely need a new TB or rebuilt one. Cleaning them rarely does anything. Its inside the electonics (potentiometers) that fail.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Likely need a new TB or rebuilt one. Cleaning them rarely does anything. Its inside the electonics (potentiometers) that fail.
I will see if I can get a new one ordered. I’m certain the original is still on this car.

·
Super Moderator
6,726 Posts
Thank you for replying!
No sweat. They are pretty expensive and one of the leading remanufacturing companies went out of business. Might be able to find used, only buy the OEM Saab one or a Hella one. Looks like they are about $269.79 on rockauto and you can get a 5% discount code on top.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No sweat. They are pretty expensive and one of the leading remanufacturing companies went out of business. Might be able to find used, only buy the OEM Saab one or a Hella one. Looks like they are about $269.79 on rockauto and you can get a 5% discount code on top.
Thank you for the help! It’s a decent car when it runs right. But all these odd issues have me losing hair 😂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts