Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so heres the deal. About 2 weeks ago the blower motor in my dads '01 9-3 just quit working. I swapped fuses and that did nothing. I ordered a used blower motor and swapped them. I had it working for about 5 mins, I buttoned everything back up and now it doesnt work anymore. I am sure I connected everything (orange / brown wire connectors, black and red clip closer to the wiper motor) The ACC resets every time I undo the wires, but nothing works. What should I do?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Double check the connector with the black and red wires. I was having a similar problem and if I jiggled that connector the blower motor would start, and turn off as soon as I let go.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Havn't got around to fixing mine yet, but somehow the connector needs to have a tighter fit. Mine is rusty as well, so i have to figure out how to clean it really good.

·
Registered
303 Posts
What Chevy said. I was seriously thinking about cutting the wires and putting on new connectors, but I went the sand paper route and cleaned them. Also make sure they still have good pinch, rather than fitting loosely. Does the ACC have a resistor for the blower motor as well? If so, clean the contacts on that to.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sanded the connectors and jiggled the black/red wire and nothing happened.. I tested both motors at napa auto and they both worked, in fact the old one seemed to have more power. Im ordering a new resistor and hopefully that works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts