Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So recently I was looking over ebay for deals on body parts and came across this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...5ff3fcd6b&rvr_id=&ua=WXF?&itemid=310229627515

# This Manifold is a race style quality.
# Other Professional drag cars use similar manifolds
# Manifold has a flange for an external wastegate
# Lifetime warranty from manufacturer defects.

I don't see a EWG flange... Either this is a complete scam or that's just a pic of a random manifold.

I've also heard mixed reviews on OBX that some people have had them for over 5 years with no issues and others have had their welds let go. They do offer a lifetime warranty on the product...

Scam?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wouldnt say that the header looks like a top notch job.
I dont see a waste gate flange either.

321 stainless is a cheap material, and isnt realy that stainless.
Eksposse it to salt and water and it will rust.

Take a look at all the filler material in the runners around the manifold- that needs to be ground away to not upset flow.

And last, judging from the collor of the welds, i dont think that they have used shield gas inside the tubes when they welded them, but thats hard to say from a picture.

But at that price its propably a good bargin.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Don't waste your time/money. OBX manifolds are known to mostly be pieces of crap. That and there is not much difference between that one and your stock one as far as design.

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
It's too expensive. I would buy one if it actually had an external WG flange, then I would weld extra supports onto it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.