Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Tommi is no joke...

also: this data can be programmed into T7 cars with a properly modded tech II.

There's a 9-5 roaming the streets with this setting inadvertently left on it....;)

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
posted already.

Still good to bring up. If I do a carputer I want to try and do this. (you need an active laptop to translate the ibus information for the sid) Its cool cause if you take out the factory radio, the bottom line of the side is useless.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Sounds like a few more people know a bit about all this. Kind of mind boggling that is for sure. Anyone care to share more info? PoisonBeef where is your posting? I just posted this today and got a repost message pointing me to this thread..?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I would have to find it, it was just a thread like this that had the youtube video in it. i think it was about 4 weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I would have to find it, it was just a thread like this that had the youtube video in it. i think it was about 4 weeks ago.
I wonder why there hasn't been more "buzz" about this..? Is it because of how technical it is and a simple gauge install can give you all this info..? :confused: I would think everyone with an SID would be into this!

·
Banned
4,388 Posts
It's a really technical install process, and you have to have a running computer installed somewhere in the car to send the bus messages to the sid.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
But if one had a carputer for an LCD display, why not have it running this in the background. The iBus adapters are like 100 bucks though, but it would be super pimp...

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
It's a really technical install process, and you have to have a running computer installed somewhere in the car to send the bus messages to the sid.
I caught that after I posted. That is a bummer.... The car-puter maybe a good way at solving that. Talk about rolling electronic marvel!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I have been wanting to do a carputer for years. Money has always been an issue. I now have an older working laptop laying around, so if someone would just through 500 bucks for a good touchscreen my way I would be all set.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Tommi is no joke...

also: this data can be programmed into T7 cars with a properly modded tech II.

There's a 9-5 roaming the streets with this setting inadvertently left on it....;)
Leah Has this in her Viggen, too....
I remember her showing it to me, but it was all metric, and she flipped through it pretty quickly...

Might be the only thing I miss...

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I wonder why there hasn't been more "buzz" about this..? Is it because of how technical it is and a simple gauge install can give you all this info..? :confused: I would think everyone with an SID would be into this!
for ~100, you can buy a real-time logger, which gives you the same information, and allows recording.

The amount of time/effort/money involved is REALLY excessive when there's already a reliable source out there.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
A standalone CAN based adapter could be plugged into the bus and command the SID to do the same thing. It's a matter of changing the SID control message to prioritize over the radio when the request is made to throw the data on the screen. I'll look into doing something like this once AudioTroll is sorted, so if anyone has some suggestions about what else they'd like to see in a diagnostic system like this, let me know. Tomi has been a very close ally in the exploration of these cars' CAN systems and you can follow a lot of this cool stuff over on ECUforum.

CL

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
Here is the thing. I found the same details on SC. Asked about it over here. Eventually Dr. Boost on SC mentioned how its not supposed to be unlocked and was something along the lines used during 9-5 and 9-3 test development. So some tuned ECU's may have it unlocked and there is a procedure to be able to call it up on the DI I just don't remember it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts