-Stock t25
-K&N Drop in air filter w/ swiss cheesed airbox
-MBC running 15 psi

Fuel System
-Stock
-New fuel filter

Suspension/Brakes
-Every bushing/joint/rod/etc replaced with new oem parts
-Ready to get dropped this coming spring!!!
-PBR Ultimate brake pads all around
-Drilled rotors all around

Wheels/Tires
-16" Saab Aero wheels (currently having lips polished)
-GS "saab" valve stem caps
-OEM size Pirelli P6 tires
-Eibach 15mm rear spacers w/ extended bolts

Other
-1994 CDE wood dash
-1995 Aero black door card inserts in grey interior
-1991 fender flares
-1994+ Glass Sunroof
-Unbroken emblems
-10k HID headlights and fog lights
-Hyperwhite LED front parking lights
-OEM Saab roof rack (when needed)
-Alpine CDA9883 Stereo, Infinity speakers
-Sunpro Boost/oil press/narrowband a/f gauges
-Fuzzy Dice

This car is my summer only DD, and is as clean as you will ever find a C9000. Not bad for around 200,000 mi.

Progress thread:

http://www.saablink.net/forum/general-9000-posts-information/33123.htm

Interview

How long have you owned this car?
-I've had it for 4 years.

Is there anything unique about the history of this car?
-There is nothing "unique" about the history of the car, but it was owned by a meticulous dealer and his wife for most of it's life.

Why did you choose this car to purchase?
-After almost a year of looking at 91-92 9000s, most of which were beat to hell. I found this one. I'm pretty sure it was the only non molested 91-92 9k for sale in this half of the country at the time. Drove 7 hours to St. Louis to pick it up the same day I found it for sale.

What other cars did you consider?
-Several beat up c9000s

What was your objective with this car?
-It is a "summer only daily driver". Everything I've done to the car has been either upgraded or replaced with the highest quality parts I can find for it. At the same time keeping in mind the original appearance and functionality. This car gets used.

What tuning style would you describe this car as?
-Stock/very mild touring

Who helped you build this car?
-I have had help from several of my friends from time to time. But most of the work has been done by myself. In the end, it's much more satisfying that way. Saablink as a whole has been more helpful than any other forum I've ever been on. Whenever I post a problem or issue I am having, I usually have a super helpful response quickly. I want to thank everyone here for all the help over the years!

What makes your car special?
-It is special to me because it is my own. It will always be special because I have had several "firsts" with it. It was the first vehicle that I replaced a transmission in, this was the first car I dug into the engine and actually did something productive with, and this was the first car that I actually went looking for specifically, not just waited for what came along.

What is your favorite part/feature/function?
-I just love the way it looks and drives. It is a Saab in every possible way. The quirkiness, performance, and great styling is what made Saab great. It is hard to find newer cars that feel that way.

Who or what inspired the direction of modifications on this car?
-I originally planned on boosting the crap out of it and making it ridiculously fast, etc... But 2 broken transmissions changed my mind. Now the car only has a MBC set to 15 psi and an open intake. I am seeing a little corrosion on the exhaust, so a custom system is probably going to be in the works next year.

What don't you like about this car?
-The transmissions in these cars are horrible.

What was your biggest obstacle in building this car?
-Money is always the biggest obstacle when working on the cars.

How did you overcome the issue?
-I got a second job in the evenings that now funds any and all car projects

What would you change if you could?
-In a perfect world it would be Tally Red. But the white has really grown on me and I am almost not sure I would change it anymore.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how satisfied are you with the outcome of this project?
-7. I am pretty satisfied with what I have done so far, but there are so many more things that I want to do with it that I can't rate it much higher yet because, in my mind, it isn't finished. (and probably never will be)

What would you do to the car if money were no object?
-It would have the full drivetrain from a 9000 Aero, a Carlsson body kit and Aero Interior. These things might happen in the future, but for now, money is an object.

Who has been your biggest critic of this project?
-The biggest critic would definitely have to be my wife. She doesn't always approve of the number of cars I own or the money I put into them. Overall she is alot more tolerant than most women would be. She is still the biggest critic though.

What do your family and friends say about this car?
-See above^. Some of my family and friends don't understand why I still have this car and keep putting money into it, and several of them mention that I should sell it every time something breaks. But most of them respect my obsession and are supportive and even helpful.

What is your most memorable/humorous/embarrassing moment with this car?
-All of the trips my wife and I take in this car are memorable. We always seem to have more fun when we take this one. Bringing most of our new bathroom home in the back of the car was probably the funniest time with it, especially the look on the face of the Lowes worker that helped us load it. TCS is embarrassing every time a cavalier pulls on me off the line.

Has this car competed in any events? Results?
-Only raced in a "test and tune" event at the local 1/4 mile. Managed a 15.3 before I decided to stop to avoid breaking another tranny.

What is your favorite place to drive this car?
-This car is lots of fun on windy backroads as well as long open stretches of straight highway. Its great on both... I can't decide

What is your ideal day with this car?
-It would have to be a sunny 75 degree day. I'd wash/wax/detail it, then spend whatever time is left in the day and drive it.

Who gets to drive this car?
-Me, and every now and then my wife. I let a couple friends drive it and then they went out and bought saabs.

If you had to name your car, what would you name it?
-Creampuff

What was your previous project?
-The last "project car" before this was a 1992 Toyota Celica GT.

What is your next project?
-Palmer's '86 c900. I have a '97 RSP Lexus SC300 in progress too

What one word best describes your car?
-Clean

Anything else you'd like to share?
-Thank you everyone that voted for the car!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.