Saab Link Forums banner

Nov. '10 issue of Hemmings' Sports & Exotic: Pair of 99's

377 views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  sab 
#1 ·
Just got it in today's mail. Cover story and feature article by Mark McCourt is on Gary Stottler's 99 EMS and 99 Turbo. Great article on a pair of low mileage Swedish iron!

#4 ·
Yes we did (visit Hemmings) and yes I will (scan the article).

Slammed with work, I'll have the scan uploaded later today if BurnSide doesn't beat me to it.

#5 ·
I live just a few miles from Hemmings headquarters and Mark McCourt is a good friend. He is Hemmings resident Saab nut and his daily driver is a c900. He is also the guy who did the feature on SPGs a couple years ago. Associate Editor Dave LaChance is also a SAAB guy. I'm glad we have such fine representation like those guys in such a respected publication. Can't wait to have a look at this issue.

#7 ·
Great Jim! Look forward to it!

TurboCon > Any chance I/we can see that article about the SPGs if you can scan it too? As I said it is just impossible to find it for sale down here in Oz! If you prefer not to post it publicly since you know the blokes that run it… that is ok. Always interested to read about the Saabs and I remember Hemmings News being a good read… picked up a few old copies when I passed through there with Jim on the way back from SOC one year.

Thanks guys!

Sab

#8 ·
Given the personal relationship Turbocon has with McCourt and LaChance, I think I'll go find or order a couple of copies to send you, Steve. Rather not violate any copyrights with Hemmings. I love that magazine, and respect their writing/magazine.

If you can get one to Bremund...?

#10 ·
Excellent. I'll hold off on picking up a couple of copies until I hear something.

#11 ·
Here's the reply I got from Mark:

That's great news, we're really happy to hear that this issue has a global reach! I don't know if the eight pages of Saab content will be enough to make them feel it's worth the shipping costs to Australia, but we're thrilled to get the Sports & Exotic Car name out there. I would ask you to direct these interested people to the very helpful Lisa Knapp (lmknapp@hemmings.com, 800-227-4373 x 79589 or 802-447-9589). I'm including a copy of our S&EC index as relates to Saab, which is complete save for the '77 99 EMS/'78 99 Turbo and Saab executives/2010 9-5 Aero XWD stories that are in our current November 2010 issue. The SPG buyer's guide ran in December 2008, issue #40, and you'll see that we've run a number of other Saab buyer's guides and feature stories.

Thanks very much for passing along this information on our behalf, and please thank these enthusiasts for their support!
Cheers,
Mark

Saab

1961 96 (Driveable Dream)..................................................... #10, Jun. '06

1961 96 (Restoration Profile)..................................................... #4, Dec. '05

1965 Monte Carlo 850 (Driveable Dream)..................................................... #30, Feb. '08

1970 96..................................................... #46, Jun. '09

1970-74 Sonett III (Buyer's Guide)..................................................... #28, Dec. '07

1978 99 Turbo (10 for less than $20,000)..................................................... #53, Jan. '10

1978 99 Turbo (Buyer's Guide)..................................................... #54, Feb. '10

1979-84 900 Turbo (Buyer's Guide)..................................................... #1, Sept. '05

1985-1991 900 Turbo SPG..................................................... #40, Dec. '08

1986-1994 900 Turbo Convertible (Eighties Icons)..................................................... #47, Jul. '09

1993.5-1997 9000 Aero (Buyer's Guide)..................................................... #18, Feb. '07

Sonett III #7, Mar. '06

#14 ·
Thanks Turbocon

I might buy a couple cause I know a few will be interested down here. There are a couple of other issues I am interested in...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.